Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Valentine Date And Surprise

The Little One was my date last Sunday. Though he said he doesn't feel that it is Valentine's Day because they did not do any art thing at school, unlike last year in Prep. I think he just got the confirmation when the priest briefly mentioned V Day during the Mass.

We got to talk to The Husband when we came back from the church. I was teasing him that I will be waiting for a surprise that day. (I have mentioned before that B's Mum died on Valentine's Day; and his Dad asked the 5 boys not to celebrate V Day, in remembrance of their Mum.) But I wasn't counting on it as I know he's got a lot of things going on and he said that we'll just make up the missed occasions when we're together again.

So Kaiden and I just spent the day eating out from breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had the last meal of the day at a Thai restaurant near our place and the owner said it was sweet having my Son as my date! Most diners were couples or family, at least we're different!

Mid-afternoon, B called if something had arrived. I said none. I asked what it was, he said nothing. I got a bit suspicious because he had been calling almost every half an hour to check if "it" arrived. Then he got no choice but to reveal "it" to me. He said he ordered 'something' for me and the Little Boy to be delivered that Sunday. I was surprised! I told him I understand that we need not to celebrate that day, though he had been doing things every year for me. Then he said: "Do you really think I would let Valentine's Day go without doing something for you, especially now that we're apart?" I was speechless! B do love me! LOL!!!

We came home from dinner, tucked Kaiden to bed and still no delivery. The Husband is getting frustrated. Nobody answers the company phone, so he sent them an email. He said that it will probably be delivered the following day which is totally pointless. I told him that it's alright. The fact that he made an effort to do something for us for that day is enough, late or nothing at all.

Then as I was watching TV, a van pulled up in the driveway. 'IT' had arrived . . . finally, at 15 minutes to 2200H! The lady was very apologetic for the very late delivery.


This was what I got:




The Little One got a plane with toy soldiers. Wasn't able to get pics because I put it next to him in the bed that night and forgot about it as I was takings snaps of the flowers.

I tried calling B several times to let him know that his Valentine surprise were here but his phone was off. Was probably too upset that his plan had a minor (or major?) setback. He was so disappointed on his numerous calls that day.

Valentine's Day is not really that big of a deal for us. I feel like we were over that stage because . . . we're old! Hahaha! Kidding aside, everyday feels like the Day of Love for us, together or apart. Better stop at that, I'm getting cheesy!

Gorgeously . . .

9 comments:

PinayWAHM said...

How sweet! Kahit medyo na delay, it still made it, di ba?

Just like you, Valentine is not that big of a deal with me and the husband...it's our little one that makes a big deal out of anything that's marked on the calendar...haha.

Thanks for visiting Mummy Sheng!

Mommy J

joy said...

hi sheng! kilig ako. your husband is really a very sweet man.

Shimumsy said...

nakahabol pa rin sheng. that was really sweet.

Ciela said...

Ganda ng mga red roses na yan! Ang sweet talaga ni B ano? Uyyy.. sobrang cheesy!

Sweet din naman ng Vday celebration mo e, nandyan kasi ung date mo, si Kaiden. Pa-kiss! he he..

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

That nice bouquet you got! A very nice thought about making everyday a Valentines day! Cheesy nga lol xoxo

Liz said...

Beautiful roses! Ang sweet naman ni B!

A Simple Life
Mommy's Little Corner
Moms... Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Anonymous said...

Sooo sweet talaga! Kainggit naman, :p

Lynn said...

given na ang pagiging CHEESY sa mga taong inlove, sis! LOL.

lovely flowers! so sweet of your Hunny! (",)

Michelle said...

How sweet naman. Ok lang kahit medyo late. For me, it's better late than never and the most important thing is he didn't forget even if he's busy. :)