Following the late Christmas entry . . .
When the Husband was away for 4 days after Christmas, we were talking about what to do for New Year's Eve. He told me to look for accommodation along Surfer's Paradise so we can see the fireworks again. I sent him links to what I've found and he said that he'll just check it when he gets home.
He flew back morning of the 30th. By that time, prices of most accommodations went overboard. I could not believe the cost so I told B that we'll just stay put and welcome 2010 here at home.
Minutes after, the Husband told me to pack our stuff because we're going to the Gold Coast! I printed our reservations and found out that we'll be staying at Sofitel. The new year's eve rate alone cost almost $700! You can do the math on how much was spent on hotel accommodation for just a few days. There were different rate for each day from December 30, 31 and January 01, 02. B said it was too late for me to demur because it's already been paid. Am I being stingy? Hahaha! So Sofitel it is.
When the Husband was away for 4 days after Christmas, we were talking about what to do for New Year's Eve. He told me to look for accommodation along Surfer's Paradise so we can see the fireworks again. I sent him links to what I've found and he said that he'll just check it when he gets home.
He flew back morning of the 30th. By that time, prices of most accommodations went overboard. I could not believe the cost so I told B that we'll just stay put and welcome 2010 here at home.
Minutes after, the Husband told me to pack our stuff because we're going to the Gold Coast! I printed our reservations and found out that we'll be staying at Sofitel. The new year's eve rate alone cost almost $700! You can do the math on how much was spent on hotel accommodation for just a few days. There were different rate for each day from December 30, 31 and January 01, 02. B said it was too late for me to demur because it's already been paid. Am I being stingy? Hahaha! So Sofitel it is.
The Lobby
Our Room Number
Our Bedroom
A simple TV greeting

--> --> --> CLICK Read More . . . TO CONTINUE READING <-- <-- <--
The Pool and Tennis Court
The View
Some of the yummy chow we had
6 hours before 2009 bid farewell, it rained. We were having dinner then and got a bit wet because we were in an alfresco dining. Our plan to walk the beach after dinner and wait for the 2100H fireworks were aborted because it was still pouring by the time we were done eating. We walked back to the hotel and watched the fireworks from there.
We were confined in our hotel room because of the rain. The Little One just watched TV as the Husband and I gave in to the bed's temptation . . . we slept, on separate bed! Sofitel's beds and pillows were divine! I had never slept so soundly like that in such a long time!
I got up just a few minutes before midnight and checked outside. The rain stopped so I woke up B and asked him if he still want to see the new year's eve fireworks in the beach. He got lazy to get out of the bed and said that we'll just watch it from our balcony.
The Q1 started the countdown 10 seconds before the clock strikes 12, then the big fireworks! Too bad because the big building a few meters from our hotel was blocking the view of where the fun was happening. All we could see were bits of the fireworks and just its smoke! The Little One was sooo disappointed! It was too late for us to go down and walk to the beach. So we just listened and watched the live telecast on TV at Sydney.
It was the first day of another decade and I won't let that fireworks ruin a beautiful start of the year, so we just stayed on the balcony and watched the people enjoy the street party. B just looked on as Kaiden and I danced with the music and made fun of ourselves!
And of course, took photos.
Gorgeously . . .






























9 comments:
real gorgeous!
Take good care..
wow! everything is just beautiful including the food. LOL.
Lovely experience, Sheng! Very nice and cozy and great photos as well.
hi sheng! the hotel is really beautiful, i bet you really enjoy your stay at the sofitel. thank you for your birthday greetings!
Bonggacious ka talaga!
Iba talaga kasi ang rates pag peak season, sobrang mahal. Pero di bale enjoy naman kayo, that's what counts. :)
Have a lovely week.
hi just paying a visit while i have time to surf the net ^-^
have a nice day always ^-^
Namannn.. super fantastic place! Breathtaking view! B, for sure just wants you to enjoy the best. WAg ka na umapila! ha ha..
You're one blessed girl, Sheng. Enjoy your blessings and be thankful!
Hugz!
Nice Sheng. Can you send me your number again so that I can call you. My old mobile is not working anymore and all the contacts are all gone. Then maybe we can meet up in the city next time. I'm not so busy now coz all my kids are already in grade school :)
Take care.
Post a Comment