Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Meeting With An Admirable Blogger

This post should have been done about 7 months ago; but I just got busy.

Anyway, there's quite a few bloggers out there that I can easily relate to and somehow have been my constant cyber friends. One of them is the author of And Life Goes On and Manna From Heaven. I call her Ate LENA.



I admire how she manages everything in her day-to-day life. She is a devoted GrandMa, a doting Mother, a good and very understanding Wife, a fine architect, surely a true and reliable Friend and one smart Blogger!

We met up on my last week in Manila, during my 2nd visit last year. We were suppose to meet earlier but I got prior commitments, then she flew to HongKong for a few days. We finally got to see one another on a sunny and humid Wednesday (22Jul) morning at Mall of Asia. Of course I took the Little One with me.

Ate Lena is lovely and younger in person! Her weight loss made her look young for her age. If I may say, that is one example of growing old gracefully! As we started talking, my Son drifted away and got interested with this:




I haven't been on that particular area of the mall so I do not have an idea what that thing was. Ate Lena gave Kaiden a coin to slide in it. Oh, the Boy did liked it and asked for some more coins. So while they were at it, I snapped a shot. We stayed there for a few minutes then we walked along.




We were about to have lunch when my Son saw the inflatable slides at the open-air entertainment hall. We just let him play there while we had coffee and more than an hour long chit-chat. Talking to her was like talking to a long lost special friend! We could talk for hours and hours if only we have all the time in the world and I don't have an impatient child in tow!

I think we have talked about everything! We have only just met but we opened up about our personal lives, it was like talking to an old friend. Good to know too that Ate Lena is a close mate of my childhood crush back in Fort Bonifacio! Hearing her tell stories about him made me feel like a giggling high school student!

She soon had to go. Kaiden and I stayed a bit longer till I thought of getting his hair done so we traveled back to Makati and went to Rustan's for his hair cut. I so wish we had more time to be together. Feels like we had a lot of catching up to do. And I sure am meeting her again on my next trip home, which I did!

Of course we would not let that first meeting end without photos! We actually asked the mall's security and cleaning aid to take the snaps for us!





Gorgeously . . .

12 comments:

Kerslyn said...

Hi Mommy Sheng! It really feels great to meet blogger pals in person. That's what I also did when I and hubby visited Manila last year. :-)

Arlene said...

Hi sheng, am sure it's exciting to meet a fellow blogger. :)

REgards to Mommy Lena!

I can't wait to get your next card. :)

Buti pa sa iyo galingdumating na. ang mga postcrossings ko di pa dumating. hehehe

joy said...

nakakatuwa naman! would love to meet my fellow bloggers in person rin!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Wow you met wonderful friends during your visit there. I saw Tita Beng's posts too..

Roj said...

Wow!Sayang di tayo nakameet when you passed by AMsterdam! Next time na magpaEurope kasana makameet din me ng fellow blogger.

Shimumsy said...

it's really nice to meet your cyber friends in person and become true friends.

Ciela said...

Hi Sheng!
I do agree with you in all the descriptions you gave about Lena!
Thanks to you, I had the chance to meet her too!

Ingat kayo palagi ni Kaiden!

PinayWAHM said...

O di ba ngiti pa lang ni Lena ulam na! Hahaha....

I can only agree sa lahat ng sinabi mo about her. She's one super woman alright.

Thanks for sharing the pics Mummy Sheng!

Mommy J

Anonymous said...

hey sheng. good to hear from you again. im happy that you had a chance to meet fellow bloggers. it's such a worthwhile experience...

i've been in and out of blogging lately. work and motherhood has been really crazy. lol. anyways, here's wishing you a great day:)

Arlene said...

Hi sheng, i blogged about the card here -

http://www.midlifedancing.com/2010/02/hi-from-australia.html

i also tagged you a valentine tag from the same blog.

see ya around.

thank you so much!

Liz said...

I've met Ate Lena too. Sarap nyang kausap. :)

Lynn said...

that's so nice - meeting up with a friend that you've just met online. hope i'll be able to meet my blogger friends in person too someday and you're included in the list, sheng. (",)

happy heart's day!