Last Sunday was the Husband's birthday. The 2nd time that we celebrated it apart.
The Little One and I gave B a call first thing in the morning. He said he won't have any celebration for there's nothing to celebrate, as he was alone. I told him that I will make that Sunday a special day for Kaiden and me because I want the Boy to have fun on his Dada's birthday.
The Little One and I gave B a call first thing in the morning. He said he won't have any celebration for there's nothing to celebrate, as he was alone. I told him that I will make that Sunday a special day for Kaiden and me because I want the Boy to have fun on his Dada's birthday.
We had brunch at C'est La Vie and had these:
I felt kinda sad while eating because I kept on thinking about B. That cafe is one of our favorite eating place.
Kaiden and I stayed at the mall all day. B wanted me to get the Little One a special gift for the day. I was about to, but Kaiden misbehaved and got a bit uncontrollable. I gave him a number of warnings that he won't get a toy if he continue to be mischievous. Being the hyperactive boy that he is, he went on. So no toy for him. I explained the consequences of his actions and let him understand that it's not good to disobey Mummy.
It was hard seeing the disappointment in my child's eyes. I was so tempted to get him something and it is very easy to always say 'YES'; but giving in to everything will not teach him anything. Like right now, he thinks that everything is easy and that he can get/do whatever he wants. Sadly, life is not like that. And as a parent, I know I should be guiding/teaching him about the facts of life as early as now.
B and I are thankful that Kaiden is sort of matured for his age. He asks a lot of questions and try to decipher things on his own. You can talk to him and seek for suggestions; though his answers are childish, it sometimes makes sense.
Anyways, to top our celebration for B's Birthday, we had dinner at Hog's Breath.

The Little One had fish and chips.
I had steak with mushroom, veggies and mashed potato.
Kaiden and I were almost halfway to our meals when he said that he wish Dada was there with us. That B would fly here just for 1 day to be with us! I so wish too!
We are missing B so much that we did not get to finish our food.
I don't want to end our day on a sad note so I ordered their
Strawberry and Chocolate Fondue for dessert.
As always, chocolates will make you feel better; and we did . . . somehow!
Gorgeously . . .























6 comments:
sooo tempting are the foods! ^_^ .
I admire you as to how you discipline Kaiden, I'm sure he will grow up wise and well behaved. :)
yap, chocolate is one of the best cure when you're feeling blue..
hi Mommy Sheng! nakaka-sad nga to celebrate without the celebrant. I am sure there's a big celebration when Kaiden's Dada will come home. :-)
Happy birthday to your hubby Mummy Sheng!
Many happy returns of the day!
Hi Mummy Sheng...
Happy birthday to your husband!
I commend you for not giving in. I know how hard it is to say no to our child. But like you said, there are times when we just have to...and I believe your decision is warranted.
You can always make it up next time he behaves well, di ba?
Hope your weekend went well...
Mommy J
yummy food! i'm drooling especially with the chocolate fondue. my fave!
anyway, my facebook accout ka sis?
Congrats Sheng! You sure know parenting 101. You're on the right track. Kaiden is truly advance for his age. Smart and clever. You'd definitely have someone to depend on in all aspects of life in the near future.
Yummy strawberry fondue! I think I'll head on to the supermarket for those. Makes my mouth watery eh. he he..
Is B around yet? Anyway, you can always look for something to entertain you and Kaiden while he's away.
Take care, Sheng!
Post a Comment