First of all, I want to thank you guys for those lovely birthday messages! I feel special! LOL! Pardon me if I haven't been able to visit any blogs for days now because a lot had been going on. We are always on the go, and out everyday that I hardly had time to have a long sit and be with my laptop. But here I am now!
Anyways, my 'Day' 2 Thursdays ago was nothing special. We just had a simple dinner here at home with some relatives. Our special celebration will be on that weekend.
And since Father's Day here was last, last Sunday, we decided to celebrate my Birthday and Father's Day all together!
Father's Day: Being the good wifey that I am, I treated the Husband with my specialty; a McDonald's drive thru breakfast! I know, my bad! I could never surprise him in the morning because he gets up waaay too early than me, and yes, I am a sleepy head! We had people here early that morning so I thought I'll just treat everybody to a breakfast from Macca.
The Husband, the Son and I left the house around lunch time and drove to the Gold Coast.
We went up to the Q1 Observation Deck at Surfer's Paradise. Q1 is the world's tallest residential tower in the Southern Hemisphere. One can see a stunning 360 degree view of the Gold Coast. Admission Fee for Adult is AU$19.00 and AU$11.00 for Child.
Anyways, my 'Day' 2 Thursdays ago was nothing special. We just had a simple dinner here at home with some relatives. Our special celebration will be on that weekend.
And since Father's Day here was last, last Sunday, we decided to celebrate my Birthday and Father's Day all together!
Father's Day: Being the good wifey that I am, I treated the Husband with my specialty; a McDonald's drive thru breakfast! I know, my bad! I could never surprise him in the morning because he gets up waaay too early than me, and yes, I am a sleepy head! We had people here early that morning so I thought I'll just treat everybody to a breakfast from Macca.
The Husband, the Son and I left the house around lunch time and drove to the Gold Coast.
We went up to the Q1 Observation Deck at Surfer's Paradise. Q1 is the world's tallest residential tower in the Southern Hemisphere. One can see a stunning 360 degree view of the Gold Coast. Admission Fee for Adult is AU$19.00 and AU$11.00 for Child.
QDeck has one of the World's fastest elevators taking you from the ground to Level 77 in just 43 seconds! The Boy loved it when we were going up fast! That speedy elevator reminded me of the time we did a photo shoot for the Taipei 101's book back in 2004, when the building was still on its finishing stages. Kaiden was only 5 months old. Taipei 101 had the world's fastest elevator then, I guess until now. It was cool how they dim the light to total darkness then a galaxy-like feature shines above that makes you feel like you're in outer space as the elevator shoots you up to level 100! Stop . . . talking about Q1 now!


This is the spectacular view of the Gold Coast that goes on as far as the eyes can see!

This is the QBar . . .
And the food and drinks we had . . .



The Little One loved running around looking at every side. We stayed there for a long time just appreciating the gorgeous view. It was a good afternoon being together as a family, up high as 230 metres above sea level in one of Australia's landmarks!
I will have to end this post here, as it is already quite long. The continuation of our double celebration to follow . . .
Gorgeously . . .























15 comments:
Wow...what a view.
Now that desert the little man was about to dive into looked so darn yummie...you made me crave a chocolate sundae:P
Beautiful family photos~
Gorgeous pics Mummy Sheng. LOL at the McDo treat....hehe...hey, it's the thought that counts, di ba? I'm sure it's appreciated by the husband [and the son syempre].
have a wonderful week..
Mommy J
Breath taking view! Kaiden, obviously had a wonderful time in that observation deck. What a great way to celebrate 2 occassions!
Lovely views! looks like the little one had a great time. Belated Happy Bday. :)
A Simple Life
Moms... Check nyo
Mommy's Little Corner
Yummy-as-can-be
belated happy birthday to you.. more blessings...
Hi Sheng, belated happy birthday and happy father's day to your hubby.
Thank you for sharing this experience with us and even just witht he pics, i enjoyed the view. That's a great place to visit. I wonder if there is an entrance fee to go up that tower for sightseeing of the gold coast.
Thanks for the visit and have a lovely day!
Aw meron din pala Observation Deck diyan? Nice photos Sheng.
Hi Sheng. We are thinking to go there too :) We will be in sea worrld resort for 2 nights next week. Hopefully we can go in that tall building as well. Kumusta na?
Fantastic views, ang galing!!
very nice. i remembered my mom's visit to Macau instantly. she had pictures at the Macau Tower and it looked just as beautiful as that.
anyway, yummy foods. i'm drooling on the cake. lol.
ingatz sis!
hi mum.
i always enjoy seeing u and the guys of ur life having a great time. have u been to towers of deira or shk zayed buildings that deck out there would surely remind you of the city u left.
ps: kaiden love choco cake i guess.
wow beautiful! thats a great place mommy Sheng and the food looks yummy. about ur treat at McDo.. its the thought that counts hehehe.. oi birthday mo pala.. na greet na ba kita? mukhang wala pa no? Belated Bday! geez.. i got some memory problem. sigh. anyhow hope u have a great day ahead!
belated! i forgot your birthday!!! i'm so sorry. so many things happened kasi. hay.... anyway, bday nga pala din ni casillan, 09-17
Just talking about that fast elevator makes me feel queasy. Not really fond of them, I get dizzy so easily.
The food and the sights look breathtaking though. :)
Belated Happy b-day Sheng! Wonderful views!
.. would probably throw up on that fastest elevator, am not sure if I could handle it. I usually feel nauseous when I go up few levels only...
Post a Comment