

Time indeed go by fast these days. I could not believe it had already been one whole year since we left Latvia. Exactly 1 year yesterday. I so miss LATVIA!
We have called this beautiful little country in Eastern Europe as our home for more than a year. I will be honest that I did not like it there when we came to live; simply because I was still nursing a broken heart . . . from my 2 years love affair WITH DUBAI! Albeit I initially liked the place the first time B and I came to check it. I guess I just wasn't ready to leave Dubai yet.
But Latvia slowly found it's way to me somehow. Yes, I never liked it during it's freezing to the bone winter; but I love and will always love it's perfect summer weather! Summer there were the nicest one I ever had!
Latvians are very warm people too. Their very fashionable women were nice to look at; notwithstanding how they dye their hair orange and red, sometimes pink or purple! Yes, even oldish women there are sporting such colored hair. Wandering along the Old Town is like having a front row seat at a fashion event. Latvian women are also into dressing up; and they are very good at it. There's just something about European women that fascinates me! Oh, and I also love how they have perfected the art of walking at cobblestones in really high and thin heels! They walk as if they are stepping on a flat surface. My sister Tyn and I have tried strollling along the Old Town in heels, but we end up supporting each other's balance and our heels always gets stuck in between the cobblestones. It was an amusing experience!
Learning Latvian language is so difficult but I never actually had a hard time communicating because most of them knows how to speak in English. And there's the iconic sign language! How can you go wrong with that?! LOL!
Prices of everything there from food, clothes, shoes, furnitures and appliances can be quite expensive; but we managed to enjoy and indulge ourselves a little.
There are a lot of things I could say about our wonderful stay there; but talking about it at the moment only makes me miss the place that bad!
So for now . . . I sure am still missing you RIGA, LATVIA!
Thank you so much for the memories!
Gorgeously . . .























6 comments:
wow Sheng.. i have never heard of this europe country ... i bet it must be very nice since u miss going there..
how have u been Sheng? its been a long while since i last came here.. hope u r feeling good ... have a nice day.. and do keep in touch,...
my blog... www.reanaclaire.blogspot.com
I can't forget about Latvia coz I followed your blog while you're still there. I learnt that it was really a beautiful place with some good eating places where you always went out to eat. It was stuck in my mind.
Thanks for your visits, Sheng!
At least you have had beautiful memories in Latvia to share with....
hi! to be perfectly honest, never heard of latvia, shame on me!!!...ha!ha!ha!
but thanks for sharing your memories of latvia. i'll read more about it. i'm learning something new everyday in blogosphere.
hi sheng! i was already reading your blog when you were still staying at latvia, bilis talaga ng panahon, one year ago na pala yon. and based on your post a year ago, latvia is one beautiful country.
Wow, you must be enjoying your globe-trotting life! Not that many people can afford living on different countries, you know? :)
I would like to try living in Latvia... just so I can have an excuse to dye my hair red!
Post a Comment