Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Praying For The Philippines



The recent typhoon "ONDOY" have deluged almost the whole Metro Manila and its nearby provinces. This was said to be the worst so far that Manila had experienced. Almost a month's rain fell in just 6 hours!

We were out the whole day yesterday and wasn't able to get the calls and text messages from my Dad. Just found out all about Manila's flood when we got back last night. I instantly called at home. They were cleaning and sweeping the water out, for the first time. We as a family had never experienced flooding of any sort. That was a first!

When my parents bought the house a year ago, the former owners never mentioned anything about the place getting flooded. I guess partly our fault because we did not survey the place or asked around. Too late now, and surely karma will find its way back to them!

Anyways, I believe that the good Lord looks after my family back in the Philippines all the time. The street always gets inundated even with a few showers, but it never reached our front door. The neighbors were amazed that the house stays dry, unlike when the former owners were still living there. Well, not till yesterday. The water rose up to our family room all the way to the back porch. Dad could not move the cars any higher than where they were.

After everything, I am very thankful that my family are all fine. The flood had receded and they are just cleaning up. They did not lose power nor the water supply. Our relatives were alright as well.

Though I could not help but shed a tear to those who have lost their houses or have their homes get submerged in water, and worst, those who died.

I hope and pray help got to those who are in dire need of rescuing. God bless them!

Gorgeously . . .

8 comments:

Webbielady said...

I was only aware of this when I saw last night in International news and saw my friends' messages in fb... I hope my relatives there are okay as well...

joy said...

the whole of metro manila is under a state of calamity. what happened yesterday was really sad.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Glad to know that your family is safe Sheng. Maybe the government ill start thinking of investing in good drainage this time...

Nostalgic Marveling
Etcetera Etcetera
Spice up your LIFE!
Obstacles & Glories

Unknown said...

Sheng ..I put your family and all the other families that are in dire straits due to this rain in my prayers.

God willing they will all survive !

Liz said...

We're ok sis, thank God our house was spared from the flooding. But a lot are still missing and many more need to be rescued. Thank you for your prayers.

A Simple Life
Moms... Check nyo
Mommy's Little Corner
Yummy-as-can-be

Anonymous said...

so sad really, and like you said the least we could do is pray for them,,, even our church here included Philippines in our prayer mass.

and I'm glad your family there are okay,,, I too need to call my sisters in Tarlac tomorrow. they haven't called yet, hope they are okay too.

Tita Beng said...

Am sad that your family were somehow affected by the disastrous flood here. On the contrary, there are a lot to be thankful for coz your family are safe and sound despite the tragic flood.

We're thankful too that we weren't affected here in our place. We are lucky that our place is in the highest part of Q.C.

This calamity is really heartbreaking. Like what you said, this is the first in Metro Manila. Truly unbelievable! Btw, where's your family situated here? This is a lesson for us here. We should always be ready for any calamity.
Thanks for the visit, Sheng. And thanks too for the concern!

Joy0z said...

Hala grabeh talaga..first ata mangyari yan sa Metro Manila ganyan kalala noh? Hope they can recover fast.
Kikay Fashion and Beauty
Life Reflections
Joyoz Journal
Dream Home
More on Health
Words of Love
JoySpeaking.Com
Ozlife Begins
Joyoz Photography