Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Monday, March 22, 2010

Sickness And Death

Having to endure both an illness and passing in the family is quite hard; along with the fact that it all happened in 1 week.

My Dad and Uncle (the husband of Mum's sister) were rushed to the hospital almost at the same time. Dad felt faint 2 weekends ago so he had a check-up the following day and was not allowed to go home because he's got an alarmingly low heart rate. While my Uncle had been in the hospital a couple of days earlier because he hasn't been eating for days. He's got a medical condition for months already but was doing alright.

I have been calling constantly a number of times everyday to check on my dearest Father. His heart rate took a long time to go back up to normal and he was also diagnosed with vertigo. Dad was connected to different kind of devices to closely monitor his condition in the ICU. Dad's pretty Nurse/Daughter explained things to me in her language as I try to delineate them in layman's terms.

Then I got a call from my other sister last Wednesday that my Uncle passed away that morning from heart attack. I called Mum and told her to go to her younger sister's side as I'll let Tyn and Sheila look after Dad.

I then called my Aunt. I of course was sad at her Husband's passing but not that emotional as I was never close to him. I respected him as he was the father of my cousins even though he abandoned them during his loaded days and just came back when he's got nothing. (I don't wish to speak ill about the deceased, I am just stating a fact.) My loving Aunt stood by him and I adore her for that. She sounded alright as we started talking and was joking around as she calls me Sheng Long. When I asked her if her daughter who's in Hawaii know about what happened, she started sobbing. She said she felt so alone. I am so weak in moments like that. I started crying too. I went on and told her things to somehow calm her down, till I could not talk anymore so I told her that I'll call again.

I have learned that my Aunt haven't cried yet till the time I talked to her that Wednesday. I am very close to her as I grew up having her as my 2nd Mum. I so wish we can go home to console her. But I check on her from time to time and I know our whole clan is there to embrace her with love and support.

Back to Dad. He was released after about a week in the hospital. He is just resting at home still feeling a bit frail but is doing well.

My Uncle is being put to rest tomorrow; and I pray for the eternal repose of his soul.

What a week that was, sickness and death all in 1 go! Oh, the uncertainties of LIFE!


Gorgeously . . .

6 comments:

shimumsy said...

so sorry to hear about your loss. hope your dad will bette asap. take care.

Maria said...

May your uncle rest in peace...I hope your dad is okay now..

http://mariajustine.blogspot.com

Lynn said...

we have 2 family friends who passed away just this week, one of them if my only godmother. sad but such is life.

condolence to ur family sheng!

anyway, favor pls,kindly update my url pls. from tweetartz.blogspot.com to www.harlynn.com.

thanks a lot!

marie said...

Sad to hear about your Uncle's demise. Hope and pray for your Dad's recovery.Take care and thanks for the visits.

Nancy Janiola said...

life is not always on a fast lane... sometimes we need to go through rough roads to understand the meaning of it better.

Wish you and your family more strength and my condolences to your auntie's family. stay calm and take care, Sheng.

Filipina Ini said...

Condolences,Sheng.... On the other hands, I am glad to read that your father is okay...

God Bless!