B, Kaiden and I are frequent visitors of my F-i-L everyday since he was confined back to the hospital last Friday. We went there straight from the Little One's school the other day. Pop wants to go home so bad because his specialists have suggested that it will be good for him to go into a Nursing Home; where he will have a 24 hour medical care. He keeps on insisting that he is well enough to look after himself; when the truth is, he no longer can do things alone. He said he will be better at home because he can walk around, unlike just sitting around in his hospital room.
He has not been feeling well for a long time now; and do not tell the doctors what he truly feels. His pacemaker makes his heart work its best for his ripe age of 88. His diabetes goes up and down, though the doctors are not worried about it.
When B went out to talk to the nurse, Pop was having a hard time putting his oxygen back to his nose; he kept on putting it to his mouth. Kaiden and I helped him with it. I almost cried just looking at him, wishing we could do something to make him feel better.
B went to visit his Dad alone yesterday, to talk him into going to a home. He was able to talk to Pop's doctors. They said he must really be on a round the clock care because he could die just anytime. He could not afford to contract any infection because it will surely bring him down. The specialists did not give a time frame, for Pop can live longer provided he live a healthy life with up-to-the-minute intake of medicines and shots.
Since Pop refused to go to a Nursing Home, B suggested that maybe they can send a nurse 3 times a day to check on him at his home. Pop might just die himself down in a home, since he dislike being in that place. He is so independent that he thinks being in a home means a person is useless.
Anyways, B and I had a very interesting answer from Our Son when we told him that we should pray for Pop to get better.
His answer was:
"Poppy is only sick in people's eyes but not in the eyes of God and Jesus!"

We sat there astounded with what our little 5 year old just said! It is true!
Gorgeously . . .
He has not been feeling well for a long time now; and do not tell the doctors what he truly feels. His pacemaker makes his heart work its best for his ripe age of 88. His diabetes goes up and down, though the doctors are not worried about it.
When B went out to talk to the nurse, Pop was having a hard time putting his oxygen back to his nose; he kept on putting it to his mouth. Kaiden and I helped him with it. I almost cried just looking at him, wishing we could do something to make him feel better.
B went to visit his Dad alone yesterday, to talk him into going to a home. He was able to talk to Pop's doctors. They said he must really be on a round the clock care because he could die just anytime. He could not afford to contract any infection because it will surely bring him down. The specialists did not give a time frame, for Pop can live longer provided he live a healthy life with up-to-the-minute intake of medicines and shots.
Since Pop refused to go to a Nursing Home, B suggested that maybe they can send a nurse 3 times a day to check on him at his home. Pop might just die himself down in a home, since he dislike being in that place. He is so independent that he thinks being in a home means a person is useless.
Anyways, B and I had a very interesting answer from Our Son when we told him that we should pray for Pop to get better.
His answer was:
"Poppy is only sick in people's eyes but not in the eyes of God and Jesus!"

We sat there astounded with what our little 5 year old just said! It is true!
Gorgeously . . .























13 comments:
Just popping in to say Hi! Have a great day.
Wow! Straight from the mouth of babes as they say. Your little one is surely insightful at such a young age.
Praying your Pop will agree to what's best for him.
Mommy J
HI, this post hit me hard, They wanted to put my wife in a home for years, but as poppy she was very independant... So I agreed to keep her at home... I saw how it hit her just in her hospital stays and I know she would have died long befor she did if we would have placed her in a home... She always told me I cant go where there is no love for me so please leave me stay home where I am free to live... So I could not able argue with that we cared hor her and kept her alive as long as we could till God took her home... She was atleast in the setting she wanted till she passed, i could never take that away from her... So I just made her as comfortable as I could... I guess what I am saying is these things are never easy to decide but we can only do what we feel is right...
I hope pop will get better soon. take care.
Oh I know how you must both feel. Hub's lolo and lola were like him, they were both very indeendent and didn't even want their children to care for them. I'm praying for your Pop.
wow, kaiden's real wise for his age. i hope pop gets better soon.
thank you for the nice comment. i had a good bawl after reading two comments. anyway, i don't have you email add. just email me so i could send you my #.
alindog311@yahoo.com
Out of the mouths of babes...has always been one of those very wise descriptions of the clear thinking of a child.
Whoever said we do not learn from whom we think we are teaching :)
Your son has a very wise old soul way of thinking, that is a very good thing.
Just try to remember that it is not what you want but what your elder wants:)
Huggzzz~D~
hi sheng! musta na just visit you here take care..
very touching! what kids say can be surprising at times. as if adult na kung magsalita di ba? just like yogi. (",)
anyways, get well soon to ur pop, mommy sheng. he's already lucky to have reached that age - such a long life na. (",)
take care!
hi Mummy Sheng...yan na ata yung sinasabing mahirap magpalaki ng magulang*lol*. I Just wish your Pop would realize the need for him to be in a nursing home or have somebody look after him 24/7. Kakatakot yun d ba, anytime pwede sya mamatay ng walang kasama.
nakakatouch naman ang binitawang line ni Kaiden...
why is it kids saw things differently unlike we adults do?
...praying for pop.
Hi mommy Sheng! Just visiting u here! God bless always!
JDMaBelleverlasting.
Your son is very smart, and very precious as well. I hope he grows up to be a good person. God bless you and your family. :)
Post a Comment