Going home to Manila via Amsterdam always have a looong stop-over since the Manila flight won't leave till noon. Unless you're a First/Business Class pax, or an Elite KLM card holder, you can't stay in any of their 3 lounges while awaiting your flight. The Schiphol Airport is nice and huge, you'll certainly find something to do to pass up time. Kids can play on their play area along the Holland Boulevard. While the adults can roam around, shop at duty free, gamble in the casino, or just eat. They recently opened a mini-spa on the 2nd Floor where you can get a massage. I say that airport has a lot to offer!
I can also say the same thing with their planes. They are nice and very well maintained. Seats on the First and Business Class are very comfy! They also have such accommodating cabin crews, though you sometimes get a cranky and a bit elderly staff that just seems annoyed when you ask for something.
Here are some photos of our flight from Amsterdam to Manila: We were seated on the 2nd row
Kaiden playing with his side light
Hubby look sooo tired!
Our breakfast
Kaiden just watched TV the whole time we're flying to Manila! He just slept for a few minutes and back on the TV again! I was really worried because he didn't eat the whole 13 hours that we're up on air! He just had a few sips of juice and water. Though he had a McDonalds breakfast back in the airport. But still, no food intake while we're in the plane! He said he's not hungry and just concentrated watching TV. Even Hubby can't make him eat.
Speaking of Hubby, he was so tired and just slept! He's been having such a hard time going to bed lately because his body clock is dotty due to his constant change of sleeping hours, from travelling everywhere! I didn't bother him much because I know he will still be flying again just mere hours after we landed in Manila. He even took sleeping pills to help him doze off.
I didn't get to sleep much in the plane. I tried to, but I just can't. Watched some movies. I guess it's because I'm worried that Kaiden hasn't been eating there. Oh, what an unease mother am I!
And here are the shots taken on our way back from Manila to Amsterdam:


The Menu on board

A grumpy Kaiden because I wouldn't let him get off his seat
Playing with a KLM give-away
Some refreshments after taking off
Our Appetizer
The plane that we're in from Manila was a new one. Really good seats that has what seems like headboards in it, so even if you lay down straight, the pax at the back can't see you anymore unlike the old ones where you're really seen laying down. The TV has gone a bit larger, no longer at your side that you have to pull up, it's placed in front of you that has storage on the side. You can also put some things at your headboard which is cool, plenty of space!
I didn't bother to take photos on our RIX-AMS-RIX flights because KLM uses their small cityhopper planes. It's just tiny planes that can easily be zapped around Europe's small cities.
Kaiden has been good all throughout our flights, thank God! People in the cabin and some stewardess even commented and congratulated me for having such a well behaved child! You should have seen my grin! Hihihi! Such a proud Mum! I owe it to the plane's TV shows, did kept my baby entertained!
Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Our Flight To And From Manila
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























12 comments:
hi mumi, whatta wonderful trip u and family had!..ur boy's a certified model huh' :)
hope u'll soon find time my Blasts post from Dxb..catch ya!
i was that anonymous - mumi..ayaw pumasok ng url add ko eh..:)
Arabian Josh
We also flew by KLM going to Scotland. As much as possible we avoid the very busy Heathrow airport. Had you tried going to the Schipol Museum where the paintings of Vincent Van Gogh and other artists had been displayed? Well, i would say it is sometimes boring really to go to places like these but we tried before when we had lots of time. I'm happy you had enjoyed your flight eventhough you're very tired. Honestly, i didn't enjoyed my flight. I think the crew of KLM are not as warming as the crew of asian airlines like Thai Airways, Malaysian Airlines...If you're in the Business Class of these airlines they even got to hold the baby!!!Really, it depends on the crew. Attendants of KLM are getting older and grumpy. i think most of them needs to be changed by new blood. Anyway,my friend,that's my opinion. I had flew via Schipol many times and my last flight with KLM was the worst one.
hi sheng.. I have a tag for you
hi sheng! musta ng trip buti kapa nakapag enjoy sa pagtravel... haaaay ako kaya kailan...hehehhe thanks for the visit ha medyo busy ako, take care always...
Hi Mommy sheng... How is my friendly blogger doing? what you went on a vacation here and you didn't even inform your Pinoy friends at the Philippines? sayang magpapalibre pa naman sana ako sa yo hehehe...
Just dropping by again... this is Chris A. of CMAQUEST ... Ciao.
http://cmaquest.blogspot.com
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.
Hi Sheng....
Just reading and looking at your pics made me tired...haha. I hate to travel. No matter what kind of class I take. I just don't like it. I do it if I have to but as much as possible....no can do.
I don't have any phobia or anything like that...I just don't like it. I admire your husband kasi he's very hardworking...I know the kind because I'm married to one. Luckily, mine doesn't have to travel as much as yours...oh and mine hates to travel by plane kasi his ears take months to pop so he's basically deaf during those months....LOL.
Anyway, it's really great to read your stories about your trips. I LOVE reading them....missed your entries while you were away...
Do take care....
Juliana
Hi sis.
Glad you enjoyed your flight.
I hate travelling. AS in. It just messes up my tummy..
Our recent vacation was funny coz they upgraded our business class tickets to first class.. and they did the same on our way back to bahrain..
Am glad you're back.. your son is so cutie! hehe.. :]
looks so yummy your food! thanks for stopping by....
Hi Sheng,I am quite concerned when I read your husband took sleeping pill so he could get some sleep. I wrote an article previously on coping with jetlag and while researching for that article, I read that it is not advisable to take sleeping pill especially for long flight as it might affect blood circulation in lower part of the body.
During long flight, people are encouraged to walk and stretch every once in a while for proper blood circulation and not sit down throughout the whole flight. If one takes sleeping pill and sleep throughout the flight in the half sitting position, it might cause blood clot and serious case would be life threatening.
Hi Sheng, quoting a part of the article I had written previously, "some people use sleeping pills to alleviate jet lag. It is highly not advisable as sleeping pills induce a comatose state with little or no natural body movement, and it is well known that prolonged immobility during flight can lead to fatal blood clots (deep vein thrombosis). In addition, many so-called sleeping pills are variants of anti-histamines and they tend to dehydrate significantly, adding to the already significant problem of in-flight dehydration."
This is more acute for people taking the economy flight because of the little leg space. However, if your husband is taking the business flight, there should be ample leg space for him so it might not be too bad.
Post a Comment