
While almost the whole world is stirring up for summer, Australia is gearing up for winter. Yes, the Land Down Under have the opposite weather to most countries. Whilst just about everybody is used to having a cold Christmas, the Aussies have that special holiday in the middle of summer!
It is autumn right now, though it only started getting chilly this week. But one of the nice thing living here in Queensland (known to be the Sunshine State) is that you only get those frigid temperature from early in the morning and towards late in the afternoon till midnight. It is sort of bearable in the middle of the day; not hot but not cold either. However, you can get about a week or two of really freezing condition all throughout the day. And, it doesn't snow here in Queensland. The known snowy areas here in Australia are the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales, some towns of Victoria and the really cold State of Tasmania.
Some parts of those above-mentioned states are having early winter snow that started this week!
Bbrrr!!!
Gorgeously . . .
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Autumn Chill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























7 comments:
hi mommy sheng...added your blog to my list..thanks a lot...
Hi sheng! I envy your cold weather though. In the Philippines, it is always extreme sunny days. Hahhahaha!
It's the reverse here in the US. We're now heading toward summer. Right now is the most beautiful time of all seasons when all the flowers start blooming.
hi mum!
i guess u like it there in queensland better, the weather i mean compare to the more freezing country of lithuania?..
well in dubai, summer starts to bite, as well as the summer sales..hehe
rgds to u n kaiden.tgif!
hmmm, di ko alam yan ah. thought same lang ang season change ng australia sa U.S.
anyways sis, my dear friend is not from canada. iba yun! friend lang talaga yung nasa canada pero di dear. hahahaha!
got something for u here pala..
http://tweetartz.blogspot.com/2009/04/awards-from-lisa.html
Alam mo I only learned about this from an Australian co-teacher. I had no idea na baligtad. You would think ituturo sa school yun eh...
Anyway, thanks for the visit Mummy Sheng. I tried to look for something similar to the 'french maid costume' kaso puro pajama ang andito eh....hahaha.
Enjoy the weekend.
Mommy J
I think you guys are lucky there in Australia because you get to experience winter. I'm quite jealous because I've always wanted to play around a snowy backyard and make snowman or snow angel...
Oh, I think that will forever just be a dream for me. :(
Post a Comment