Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Brisbane City

It has been raining here today, bringing quite a chilly air. And it is making me feel sluggish. I dozed off after driving Kaiden to school. I took a shower after lunch just to stir myself up. All I wanted to do is to curl up in the bed and go to dreamland! So I am blogging right now to keep myself busy before I pick up the little one from school.

So on with my main topic . . . B went away on a 2 weeks business trip to Malaysia last November. Sheila, Kaiden and I got bored just staying at home so we decided to have a bit of an adventure and head downtown. Good thing I somehow know my way around the City and we didn't get lost.

Our first stop was the ANZAC Square War Memorial.


This Shrine of Remembrance with the "Eternal Flame" is in honor of the Australian and New Zealand troops who fought during World War 1.

We stayed along Queen's Street and did some shopping.

I wanna show Sheila Brisbane's beach in the city so we walked to South Bank.



That is Brisbane's The Wheel, a smaller version of the London Eye. Tickets are priced at AU$15 for adults and AU$10 for children. Kaiden was a bit apprehensive getting on it, especially when it started going. But as we ascend, he started enjoying seeing the view from up high. He even stood in the middle of the capsule and danced. When it was over, he wanted some more.


Sheila was so impressed with the whole beach in the city thing! It was hot and the water was so tempting! Sheila told me that I should have informed her about that so she could have brought something! Kaiden wanted to go in the water so bad! So I let him swim just in his undies. We dried him off with the clothes we bought.

My sister loved the place so much that we went back after a couple of days; packed with stuff we need of course! I wanted to swim too but no one mind our things; so I just let Sheila and Kaiden enjoy the 'beach in the city', while I sat down on our little area in the sand reading a book.

We could spend the whole day there just relaxing!

Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

14 comments:

nona said...

Such a nice day to relax and unwind. Cool places. :)

WebbieLady said...

WHO CAN RESIST a beach in a hot day? How I miss the beaches na, the famous beach around here is part of the Noth Sea already... freezing!

Of course, as we are Pinays, the city beach can only be impressive... That can never happen in Philippines as city seas MUST be dirty...

Joy0z said...

Now I know madaming place na kaparehas dyan at dito. Have a nice day Sheng.

Lynn said...

nice place, mommy sheng. sarap magtampisaw sa dagat esp sa init ng weather now. grabe!

AJ said...

TGIF Mum!

If i may suggest, siguro dapat the Sheng & Kaiden Adventure ang title ng blog mo, hehe..tapos si Sir B nasa background..

kaingits kayong magina e..dami nyong bonding moment sa great spots and resto' na rin

rgds,

ryliej said...

gorgeous place mummy sheng... kasama mo pala dyan si sissy mo ano..

Ciela said...

Hi Sheng! I could see from your photos that Brisbane is also one beautiful city in Australia. Enjoy si sister, for sure!

liza said...

Dito din summer but it's been raining, pero ok lang at least di ganun kainit. :)

A Simple Life
Moms... Check Nyo
Mommy's Little Corner

Anonymous said...

Wow, buti pa kayo okay nang magtampisaw sa tubig, here, may kalamigan pa ng konti at start ng rainy day,,, in fact we might get some again today even tornado, gee huwag naman sana.. Scared to death ako nyan!

Have a great day!

Asian Traveler said...

Wow lovely poses! Greetings from Philippines. :)

Pinay said...

wow ang ganda naman dyan!ang sarap tuloy maligo sa dagat or sa pool ngayon dahil sa pics mo :)

Thnks girl for the visits.Have a nice day!

Lainy said...

Ang sexy mo talaga Mummy Sheng! Pasensya ka na I can't visit as often as I could. Sobrang busy at work. It saps me out of my energy. I would usually hit the sack at 8pm. And meron pang contest running at my blog. Kakapagod. But I am glad I made it here today, early in the morning Phil time. Nasilayan ko ang ganda mo, hehe!

DebbieDana said...

You really had fun! I enjoyed all the photos Sheng.

Enjoy the weekend.


Debbie :)

UPrinting said...

Aw, I love ferris wheel rides! Viewing a place from the top makes me feel like I own it. LOL.
I wish I can visit Australia soon... sounds like a very beautiful country.