Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I ♥ IKEA



I have always liked/loved IKEA. The moment I discovered it in Taipei, I came to love home furnitures and accessories. I also frequent another home furnishing store there called HOLA. Taiwan had a lot of shops like that. I just cannot remember much of it, though Good Housekeeping somehow rings a bell.

Anyways, being in IKEA got me started with home furnishings. But sad to say, B doesn't really like IKEA. We have never purchased anything big there, just small things like kitchen or bedroom knick knacks. He said furnitures there are good but not that much on quality.

When we moved to Dubai, IKEA was there too! It had been in Deira City Center for years before they moved to a bigger and nicer place which is at Festival City.

I love IKEA's unique and innovative ideas in setting up a home. They make the best out of a cramped space and turn it into a useful one. They have samples of small bedrooms or lounge rooms plus kitchen. So if you are living in a condo with not that much of a space, you can get different concepts from IKEA. Most of their stuff are in a kit for a do-it-yourself thing. They have good kitchen designs that will fit whatever size your house have.

I knew that there is an IKEA here in Brisbane but we just never got around to finding it. Last Sunday, we were looking for Home Centres to get some ornaments. We drove to Logan and found IKEA! I was so excited! But the place was packed! There was like a procession going on because the people were walking so slow, obviously because everyone is checking on what the store have. The Husband said that going there on a weekend was a bad idea. You can't have a good look because of the crowd. So we went back yesterday. There was still a bit of a crowd but not as bad like last time. But B and I were disappointed that IKEA here in Brisbane doesn't have much to offer. We were looking for things to fill the little boy's bedroom but what they have were more of baby stuff. Oh well.

I got my iPhone to take photos because it's kinda embarrassing whipping my camera out. I got the following pics as discreetly as I can. It isn't that good but you can somehow see what the place is about. B stopped me in the middle of my session. Bugger!

So here they are . . .







These are IKEA's good set-up for a kiddie bedroom . . .





Gorgeously . . .

12 comments:

Lynn said...

hmmm, IKEA reminds of a friend in Canada. he shopped for his pad's furniture there. :)

Gene M. said...

we have also IKEA in our place... you are right not much quality, my husband doesn't really like to buy their furnitures LOLS.. we never buy furnitures in IKEA except utensils :-) and decorations, lights, baby decors also like flower vase :-)

Nancy Janiola said...

pretty bedrooms for kids..how cool. liked its color combination.

Anonymous said...

Here in France, we have also IKEA stores here.Thanks girl for the constant visit.Have a nice day!

Maus said...

we buy our lamp in IKEA okey naman sya...
visiting here sheng!

Coriander Dreams said...

I guess furniture shopping can be a real therapy, whichever shop pa it is :) oh, well thats just me.

Have a happy week Sheng!

Chubskulit Rose said...

I like home furnishings at IKEA too but its a bit pricey down there hehehe..

Liza said...

I wish we have an IKEA here too. ;)

Mommy's Little CornerA Simple LifeMoms... Check Nyo

Nanaybelen said...

hi Sheng. Good morning.

Cely said...

We do have IKEA here in our place but hubby and I have not bought a single furnishings from that store yet but it has a lot of good stuff.

shimumsy said...

my favorite in ikea are their swedish meatballs. yummy with the gravy and lingon berries (didn't know if i spelled it right).

UPrinting said...

I didn't know that Ikea is actually a global-thing. I thought it can only be found in the US. As for me... I haven't visited any branch yet!