I am a no-show at your blogs because I have been occupied these past days. B and I were organizing things, hence making us on the go most of the time.
Anyways, the rain has been pouring down hard here since yesterday. But The Husband and I still went to see a movie today amidst the downpour. It was just a drizzle when we went out, or so we thought.
We watched Angels and Demons.
If you have seen the Da Vinci Code, you will know the adventure you'll be in. The movie is pretty good like the last one. I love how the Director, Ron Howard made it a fast-paced thriller and did not go into long sequences. It is a heart-pounding movie as the characters try to race against time. B enjoyed it, though he said some parts are quite impossible.
The movie will make you question some things. B and I had a discussion about the creation and evolution of man. He knows that I, as a Catholic believes that God created the world in 7 days; but he said that Science have proven facts about the things written in the Bible. Well, religion and politics will always end up in unfathomable talks. So let's just leave it at that.
When we got out of the movie house, the rain was just belting down! As we head home, cars were starting to line up everywhere. Most creeks we've passed by were overflowing. Police Officers were turning away cars from impassable roads and bridges. We went driving around just to get through. B went the back way and we're able to get home.
I got to Kaiden's school early to find out that they have sent the students home as early as Lunch Time because of the bad weather. Most roads were blocked and flooded. So due to the extremity of the weather condition, the school will be closed tomorrow.
I think everyone here in South East Queensland did not expect this rain to be so severe today! B said that it is like a Manila rain. Queenslanders were used on getting rain mostly late in the afternoon. They get the occasional all day rain but not as bad like this! The big one they had late last year was quite damaging as well. What B and I have seen on the roads this afternoon were nothing compared to what was being reported on the news. The Queensland Premier had just declared South East Queensland a Disaster Zone. This has been the heaviest rain since the 1974 flood inundated the region. Creeks and brooks now seems like a raging river. We'll probably know more about the damage in the morning. 
If only these Aussies can see the unrelenting state of some places in the Philippines when typhoon season comes. Even a simple shower causes some areas to be soaked.
Anyhow, it will be our Little Prince's 5th Birthday tomorrow. Everything that we have planned will have to be put off. He was so excited counting the days till he turns 5, and was looking forward for his party. We told him about the turn of events and his reply was: "It's ok. We can have a party just the 3 of us!"
My heart melted! I thought he would be so disappointed and make a big fuss out of it, but he clearly understood and was happy to celebrate his special day in a very simple way. My little boy is indeed growing up!
Gorgeously . . .
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Movie Date In Torrential Rain
Labels:
B and S,
Day-to-Day,
Movies,
My Little Prince,
Season of Love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























11 comments:
Happy Bday Kaiden!
Came by to say that I have something special for you, please come and grab it..
Kaiden's turning 5? Oh my, how time flies so fast! Happy happy birthday Kaiden!!
Dana and I watched Da Vinci Code do it will be exciting to watch Angels & Demons. And ofcourse, it's a Tom Hanks movie, one of our favorites!
Debbie :)
I read the book and I saw (online) that the movie was even quicker than the book version. It's reasonable to be fast (I actually sensed that it's more dragging than I thought it should be) because the story itself is limited in few hours (or else Vatican CIty will explode).
Anyway, about the weather here, better but still running low in temperature. Been drizzling a few days this week but here in Nijmegen is warmer than the Hague. ^^
hi Mummy Sheng! glad that you're feeling better.
Happy, happy birthday to Kaiden!!!!
Happy Birthday Kaiden! We saw this movie the other day. I had a date with hubs and daughter. :)
Happy Thursday!
Happy birthday Kaiden!!! Enjoy your special day tomorrow.
That was scary! Parang Pinas nga. :-(
Anyway glad you went home safe....
Happy birthday Kaiden!!!!!!
I'll try to have a copy of Angels and Demons in DVD.:)
Advance Happy Birthday Kaiden! I hope you'll have a blast. God bless you.
New Article: AAT TRAVEL EXPERIENCE
Hapi rainy bday kaiden!,
back to back iyong review mo ng A & D at bday post ni kaiden a...for sure, kahit 3 lang kayo or even 2 lang kayo, its a great memory for the kid, and one day he's goin to see all ur blog featuring his moment..
good health, ..and may he grow more adorable like the mum.:D
Kaiden is surely getting to be a young man.... How time flies huh, Sheng?
Darn. I didn't get to watch A&D. :(
Happy birthday to your son!
Typhoons are so terrible in the Philippines. A small town always get wrecked every time there's a typhoon.
Post a Comment