Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Monday, May 11, 2009

Our Mother's Day Celebration

I love how MOTHERS have a special date on the calendar, that we celebrate each year. I think it is admirable that we all commend the generous lady who carried us in her womb for 9 months and continue to nurture us, as we grow up. The very person who loves us unconditionally and showed endless patience and support during the times that we stumble and fall throughout the journey we call life.

Anyways, my day started perfect with a Mother's Day greeting and a kiss from my little 'big boy'. He told me to go back to sleep. A few minutes later, B and Kaiden came to the room with my breakfast. A breakfast in bed with the ones I love, a splendid way to start the day!

Kaiden and I heard a 1000H mass and came back home with a visit from my Father-in-Law. When he left, we got ready to go out for lunch. We were booked at Lone Star in Browns Plains.






The place was nice, a good cowboy ambiance. The food were fine. B and I kept on comparing it to Hog's Breath. We have been an avid fan of Hog's Breath for years so there's a bit of bigotry there! Hahaha! Don't get me wrong, we will still come back to Lone Star for a change. Plus the food there were cheaper than Hog's Breath, but the latter will still be our first preference.

On a more personal note, I got quite spoiled today. Have been given a number of presents! I won't show what B gave me, I just want to be modest about it. But our little pre-schooler gave me something more special! They made a bracelet in school and decorated the small bag that it comes with. They had a Mother's Day stall last Friday and the kids were given money to buy something for the Mums. Kaiden got me a candle. And while I am taking photos of it, he joined in! He had made me some arts but I'll show it some other time.




So that was how my dear family spent Mother's Day. Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!



Gorgeously . . .

16 comments:

Nona said...

happy mom's day sheng. Nice presents.

Joyoz said...

We weren't able to have lunch out because of my eldest Sunday School. Lovely Photos Sheng and thanks for the greetings.

hfnl/jtld said...

wow, very nice!

Happy Mother's Day Mommy Sheng!

MaBelle

Cecile said...

Seems like you have had a nice Mother;s Day celebration, Sheng; glad you had fun!

Webbielady said...

Uy! Sarap ng foodage ah. At ang ganda mo jan Sheng, para kang high school girl lang.

Cute ni Kaiden oh... and your husband retained his weight na ba? remembered you did a whole shopping spree when he lost the weight when yu were here in Europe. ^^

Liza said...

Glad to know you had a great one. I did, too. :)

Lynn said...

u did celebrate mother's day with a blast, huh, gorgeous mum? good for u. u deserve to have one.

belated happy mom's day! mwahugs!

Tey said...

I like looking at teh food. I am glad you had fun celebrating mothers day.
Raptured Dreams, All Natural Cosmetics 4u, Celebrity Entertainment

PinayWAHM said...

Happy Mother's Day kahit late ng konti. Salamat sa dalaw!

Have a great week!

Mommy J

twinks said...

You indeed had a wonderful Mom's Day. As usual making me hungry from looking at those photos of yours..hehehe..Kaiden is such a sweet kid.

Thanks for the greetings and the compliments. I can say the same thing, no wonder Kaiden is such a cutie..good genes runs in the family ^_^

Rosilie said...

happy mother's day sheng! Glad to know you had great time.mwa!

Chubskulit Rose said...

How lovely!

Glenda is the name. =) said...

Hi Ate! First of all, belated Happy Mother's Day to you! I'm sure your hubby and son are thankful for having sucha a wonderful wife and mother like you.

Second, I would like to thank you also for the love and prayer for my family. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. God Bless you ate!

Ciela said...

Looks like you really had a grand day! Yummy food!

My Children N Me said...

Lovely Family pics!

Lainy said...

Mummy Sheng,

I love your dress!