This quaint little House of Prayer that is tucked inside the Philippine Navy camp in Fort Bonifacio, has been one of my comfort zone as I was growing up. Both my parents are involve in the church so we (me and my siblings) grew up participating at church's activities. You may not believe it, but I was once part of a choir! Ahem . . . Ahem . . . LOL!
When my sisters and I were kids, we played an angel during Easter Sunday re-enactment of the Resurrection, angels during the Santacruzan in celebration of Flores de Mayo, and even became one of the sagala!
Aside from growing up in a Catholic school, it was in this church where I learned a lot not only about Catholic faith, but about life in general. This is where I had my first walk as a flower girl and my first walk as a bride's maid/maid-of-honor. But not as a bride though. That's another story. Our family had shared a lot with this little military chapel. This is where we had my beloved brother's funeral.
When I got married and started living overseas, I still go to this church when I'm in town. Till the government harshly kicked out the retired military personnel and their families out of the houses that most have been living in for more than 30 years! My Father included! You must have watched/read/heard about the humiliating eviction that happened at the Philippine Navy Village 3 years ago. That was sooo bad! My parents got so depressed that time and tried to keep it from us. Well, that is another story as well.
Anyways, for the few times that we visited our old house in Fort Bonifacio, I did not get to stop at the church. So I made sure to purposely visit the chapel during my last Manila trip. I just want to see what it looks like now since I haven't been in it for a long time.

Oh, the chapel did changed a lot over the years! The doors and seats were the same, but the interior and the altar were different now. The ceilings got higher and it is now air conditioned!
It felt so good being inside it again, had that same feeling when I was small. That same feeling of warmth and security. We just could not stay long because we were running late. We went there on the eve of our flight back here and we had dinner reservation. But that few minutes were enough for me.
Couldn't go without a souvenir photo of me! Feels great to look back at where I came from, for it moulded me to what I am right now!























11 comments:
You have a nice chapel there
Regards,
Holiday With Mama
Hi sis! How are you na? Hope all is well here. :)
this is the chapel where someone i know was stalked by someone i know too!!! hahahaha...
Wow, what a place,, what a story!... Iba talaga ang feeling especially pag may impact deep with in, :)
very nice chapel and knowing that it plays a big role in your life makes it special.
take care sis.
very nice chapel and knowing that it plays a big role in your life makes it special.
take care sis.
Ang ganda naman ng chapel. This reminds of the chapel in my high school. I think that's where I once decided to become a nun...never happened obviously but that chapel definitely had a great impact on my young mind. There were 2 other chapels I got attached to but that chapel in my high school will always be special. I wish meron din akong pictures....
Mommy J
good to hear u sounds OK now...
so that chapel's a good part of your single and singing days, huh..(i should post mine, hehe)..
its coold to look back to the old place and write about them from a distance..
Very nice chapel and your looking beautifully.. :)
hope you're doing fine, Sheng! i didn't hear about the eviction news but it sure sound so sad.
Nice and good looking Photos.. I Like it..
Post a Comment