The Husband came back home 3 days ago, after almost 2 days of flying! He left Rabat early morning on Sunday and just reached Australia last Tuesday.
I have been mentioning about my sick FiL, who has been in and out of the hospital for about 2 months now. B was staying in Morocco for only 2 weeks then when his brother told him that their Dad's condition is getting worst and he has been asking when B is coming back. Torn between his commitment over there and his responsibility with his Father, he decided to go home and be by his ailing Dad's bedside. He is not happy there either; I'll talk about that in a separate entry.
Pop never knew that B went away to Morocco. He thought all along that he came with us to the Philippines. Pop did not want us to go overseas again, so we said that we'll just be having a break in Manila.
We went to visit Pop last Wednesday and were stunned with his present condition. He looked so frail and have lost a lot of weight. He could not talk clearly and you would have to listen closely. He was also shaking and could hardly open his eyes. B could not take what he was seeing and was starting to break down so he left the room. I am a wimp and I do cry easily. I was trying very hard to put on a brave front. When B came back, I avoided looking into his eyes because I know I won't be able to control my tears any longer.
Pop seems to be so sleepy but B was able to talk to him. When Pop put his hand on B's shoulder and tapped him slowly, that was it for me. I had to go out because I was starting to sob. My FiL is never affectionate to his kids. I have only seen him cuddle and kiss his 3 small grand kids (the Little One included), and would occasionally give me a hug and kiss my forehead when we haven't seen each other for a long time. So seeing him like that to his youngest Son, put a huge lump in my throat. I went down to the coffee shop and stayed there till I had the courage to be strong again. I also texted my family back home to pray for Pop.
The nurse came and we asked a lot about Pop's sudden deterioration. It was hasty for us because we were away for a month. Pop has been drowsy for days because the doctors had to give him some kind of sedative to calm him down. Pop has been agitated lately, refusing to do whatever was asked of him and tried to hurt his carers, wanting to get out of the hospital. They moved him to a more secured area where he was closely monitored. 2 more nurses came to check him and his physiotherapist. They were trying to wake him up but he was unresponsive. The nurse got alarmed and called the doctor, which made us worry too much. His diabetes was high and they could not give him insulin because he haven't eaten yet.
The doctor thinks that Pop was like that because of the sedative. She said his condition goes up and down. If ever he recovers, he won't be the way he was before. That if ever he leaves the hospital, he will surely go straight to a nursing home because he will be needing a 24hour medical care. B asked for Pop's time frame and the doctor responded with uncertainty because they themselves are going through Pop's condition day by day.
We popped in yesterday and had a long talk with Pop's main doctor, after having been visited by his team of doctors. He was the same, if not worst. They will be doing some test because they think his pneumonia is back.
The doctor called B this morning about the test results and it was not good at all. The 3 living sons all agreed to stop the medication but keep him comfortable as possible.
When we got there this morning, I looked at Pop's charts and saw that they have already given him morphine. There were 3 more drugs but the only one I know is morphine. The nurse said that his body is still fighting like hell, though his liver and kidneys are already failing. And his mind seems to be giving away too. He is not responding with anyone. He would open his eyes but it seems unseen.
Pop is on palliative care as of the moment and will soon be moved to a quiet room. We were told that he would not get out from this. There is nothing else we could do, but to pray for what is best for Pop.
I have been mentioning about my sick FiL, who has been in and out of the hospital for about 2 months now. B was staying in Morocco for only 2 weeks then when his brother told him that their Dad's condition is getting worst and he has been asking when B is coming back. Torn between his commitment over there and his responsibility with his Father, he decided to go home and be by his ailing Dad's bedside. He is not happy there either; I'll talk about that in a separate entry.
Pop never knew that B went away to Morocco. He thought all along that he came with us to the Philippines. Pop did not want us to go overseas again, so we said that we'll just be having a break in Manila.
We went to visit Pop last Wednesday and were stunned with his present condition. He looked so frail and have lost a lot of weight. He could not talk clearly and you would have to listen closely. He was also shaking and could hardly open his eyes. B could not take what he was seeing and was starting to break down so he left the room. I am a wimp and I do cry easily. I was trying very hard to put on a brave front. When B came back, I avoided looking into his eyes because I know I won't be able to control my tears any longer.
Pop seems to be so sleepy but B was able to talk to him. When Pop put his hand on B's shoulder and tapped him slowly, that was it for me. I had to go out because I was starting to sob. My FiL is never affectionate to his kids. I have only seen him cuddle and kiss his 3 small grand kids (the Little One included), and would occasionally give me a hug and kiss my forehead when we haven't seen each other for a long time. So seeing him like that to his youngest Son, put a huge lump in my throat. I went down to the coffee shop and stayed there till I had the courage to be strong again. I also texted my family back home to pray for Pop.
The nurse came and we asked a lot about Pop's sudden deterioration. It was hasty for us because we were away for a month. Pop has been drowsy for days because the doctors had to give him some kind of sedative to calm him down. Pop has been agitated lately, refusing to do whatever was asked of him and tried to hurt his carers, wanting to get out of the hospital. They moved him to a more secured area where he was closely monitored. 2 more nurses came to check him and his physiotherapist. They were trying to wake him up but he was unresponsive. The nurse got alarmed and called the doctor, which made us worry too much. His diabetes was high and they could not give him insulin because he haven't eaten yet.
The doctor thinks that Pop was like that because of the sedative. She said his condition goes up and down. If ever he recovers, he won't be the way he was before. That if ever he leaves the hospital, he will surely go straight to a nursing home because he will be needing a 24hour medical care. B asked for Pop's time frame and the doctor responded with uncertainty because they themselves are going through Pop's condition day by day.
We popped in yesterday and had a long talk with Pop's main doctor, after having been visited by his team of doctors. He was the same, if not worst. They will be doing some test because they think his pneumonia is back.
The doctor called B this morning about the test results and it was not good at all. The 3 living sons all agreed to stop the medication but keep him comfortable as possible.
When we got there this morning, I looked at Pop's charts and saw that they have already given him morphine. There were 3 more drugs but the only one I know is morphine. The nurse said that his body is still fighting like hell, though his liver and kidneys are already failing. And his mind seems to be giving away too. He is not responding with anyone. He would open his eyes but it seems unseen.
Pop is on palliative care as of the moment and will soon be moved to a quiet room. We were told that he would not get out from this. There is nothing else we could do, but to pray for what is best for Pop.

Gorgeously . . .























9 comments:
oh wow, i hope everything turns our alright. keep the faith!
Hi sis happy Friday:)hope that your Father in law will be comfortable and surrounded with his love ones. My prayers are for your family.
happy weekend. i'll include you and your family in my prayers
RJ's day to day activities
Journal of RJ's mom
I thought he is not too bad. I invited you pa naman to watch EKKA.
Sheng as I said be strong. Your husband needs you in this difficult time. I hope that your FIL will be comfortable all the time so that it will not be difficult for him and to all of you.
I will be praying for him and your family. Take care always.
i'm really sorry to hear about your FIL. hope things will be okay soon...
“”… ThE OnE is LoViNg yOu … cAriNg fOr yOu … wAtcHiNg oVeR yOu … pRoTeCtiNg yOu … gueSs wHo??? … “ALLAH
this is :(
but god has his perfect will.
may your family find peace and comfort in prayer. we'll offer the same.
Thanks for all your prayers!
i can really feel your pain here sis.
Post a Comment