Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Friday, March 20, 2009

" Dreams Come True At . . . Australia Zoo! "



I love going to Australia Zoo even though it's far from where we live. It's an hour and a quarter's drive from Brisbane. The place is situated in the Sunshine Coast, which is at the other side of the city.

B and I took the little one over there when he was just about a few weeks old, with my parents. And everytime we go back home here for a holiday, we always visit that place. Even though B and I knew the place really well (meaning - no maps needed), I still like to visit it every now and then. I guess that's why Steve Irwin's sudden passing brought sadness to me too, especially when I saw his widow, Terri's interview after the death. I feel sorry for his kids, Bindi and Robert; who at a very young age lost their Dad.

We went to Australia Zoo about 2 months after Steve's death and we saw the overwhelming memories of him and the mini-memorial pieces from people all over the world. It's sad. Well, enough about that. I just got carried away!

Australia Zoo is one of the first places we took Sheila to. Entrance Fee is AU$53.00 for Adult and AU$31.00 for Child.



This is Australia Zoo's Crocoseum, said to be funded (or partly funded) by Animal Planet. This is where they held the Wildlife Warriors Show. They showcase snakes, birds, elephants and crocodiles here.







Sheila asked why the real Tasmanian Devil doesn't look even close to the ones on the cartoons! We were lucky that one Tassie Devil came out that day since they are nocturnal. It even stayed still as I take snaps of it with Sheila.




Kaiden loved staying here at the Roo Heaven. He was not scared getting so close with the Kangaroos and patting them.








We all had a lot of fun! Although Kaiden had been there a few times before, I think he appreciated the place better now. He loves being with the animals. Visiting places like the zoo gets our little one somehow in touch with nature and it's beings, since we don't have an animal at home. With our constant move from place to place, we just would not be able to keep one. But we promised him that once we permanently settle back here in Australia, he'll get a pet of his own.

Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been here for over 14yrs and i can count how many times we went to the Zoo... only twice. :-)

Australia zoo looks really nice and fun. I can't picture how Detroit Zoo looks like. sad...

Happy Friday Sheng. Oh yeah hope this OK I have an award for you in my blog http://www.carlotaonline.com/2009/03/rich-in-awards.html.

Anonymous said...

wow! love to be there too, sana makapunta din ako ng Australia zoo, nangarap na naman si manay, hahhahaha

Visit my new site guapa.

Norm

Anonymous said...

Hello Mummy Sheng! Sana ako din maka visit sa ZOO ng Australia. Moreover maka migrate dyan. Hehehe...

Pasyal lang me here pretty princess.

twinks said...

Hey gorgeous!
If given a chance to visit Australia this is the first place I will check out.
Haay, sana makapunta din ako dyan one day.
Kaiden is a big boy na. Looking cuter by day.
Fabia is a big girl na too. Super kulit. hehehe..

oi thanks for noticing.. i'm trying to shed some fats nga and so far i'm doing great..

you too still looking gorgeous! mwahugs! ^_^

Joy0z said...

Oh looks like mas maganda Australia kesa Melbourne Zoo ah hehe. No plan yet for weekend Sheng. But for sure in the morning tom, Taekwondo lesson for my two boys. Have a great weekend Gorgeous Sheng.
Life Reflections
Joyoz Journal
Dream Home
More on Health
Words of Love
Kikay Fashion and Beauty
Fil-Oz Blog
Ozlife
Joyoz Photography

Anonymous said...

How I'd wish I could visit there too..not just the zoo but the whole australia hahaha! Nangarap na rin lang lakihan ko na, 'ayt sheng? hehe. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Australia, that's one of the places I'd love to visit someday. :D

Anonymous said...

Very interesting images. You looks so good there with the sun and with those attire.. How I wish we can do that here in Holland too.

Anonymous said...

I wish to visit that place as well. My colleague just spent her 2-month vacation roaming around that continent.

Anonymous said...

The photos are amazing Shengy.. It is a real image of fun and enjoyment. Happy family. Oh wow!

Anonymous said...

I tried to look at these photos in bigger modes. I like the one where Kaiden is sitting in that deity statue.

Anonymous said...

Sheng,

Naalala ko yung biologist guy sa photo. He died a few years ago and left a daughter named Bindi(if my memory serves me right). They both love animals and perhaps the zoo was a part of commemorating the guy's contributions in protecting animals. Napapanood ko sa Nat Geo at Discovery Channel yung mag-ama pero nakalimutan ko yung name nung tatay.

JDBelle said...

happy Friday too!

hala na na unsa mana buaya na sya? kahadlok pud ana ba oi.

Michelle said...

wow, nice place and photos! btw, got something for you in my blog. just check it out if you're not busy. :)

Bless said...

Hello Sheng! Glad you are back!

Ciela said...

Hi Sheng!I understand you are now in Queensland, particularly in Brisbane.
I hope I could also see Australia Zoo! I've been to Sydney before and saw its Taronga Zoo. It's captivating, seeing those beautiful animals of Australia. Sydney is one spectacular city and so is Canberra. I hope we can see Brisbane when we go back there. Hopefully soon!

Are you not coming back to Latvia anymore? You're so fortunate to have travelled a lot. You're li'l boy Kaiden is already a big boy huh?! Have a wonderful new week ahead, Sheng!