Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Another Visitors Today!

Since the little one started school, he's been getting up early during weekends. He woke up, showered me with kisses and told me that he'll just play outside the bedroom till I get up. He knows I love to sleep in. I was just about to doze off when the phone rang. It could not be B because he surely knows we'll still be in bed.

It was my very dear Filipina friend, Melanie. I met her during the seminar they held for Filipinos migrating. Among our batch, we were the only ones who are from Queensland. I got here in Australia first and she came months after. I got pregnant first and she followed too! Our kids are 4 months apart. We always visit them whenever we're here for holidays during the time that we were still living overseas.

Anyways, I have been in contact with her since we came back. I wanted to visit her but she's working and most of the time, she works on weekends. Even if I wanted to go to their place, I don't know how to. I haven't driven that far yet on my own. When B left, I've been begging her to visit us. She said she can't swap days with anybody at work. So I was surprised when she called this morning and told me that they are coming over!

I immediately gave Kaiden brekkie and quickly tidy the place up from yesterday's mess. I was still in the shower when they arrived. It was funny how Kaiden run up to Jacob like as if he'd known him for so long! They were still small the last time they saw each other, so we don't think they even remember that.

I showed them the house and we talked, of course. We've got lots of catching up to do as well. We let the kids play. I have nothing cooked (like as if I cook!) to offer them so I said we'll just have lunch at Orion so they can see the shopping center which is said to be the biggest one in the southern hemisphere, once it finished completion.

We had lunch at Toscani's, which is beside the playground. As expected, Kaiden and Jacob did not eat much. They just played and played, while we talked and talked.

Jacob has always been very big for his age. I do tease Melanie that his son is a giant kind! He's huge! He used to be shy whenever we see him, but he is very friendly now. Both him and Kaiden loved being together and playing with each other. They held hands as we walk along. They are both an only child so probably why they enjoy each other's company.

Here are some of their pics as the years go by . . .





I wish we could be together often. I would love to see our boys grow close.

Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best time to start friendship when they are this age. Cute!

Anonymous said...

They're cute! :)
Hope they would grow up together and be the BFF. :D

AJ said...

hi mum,

they were cuteeeeee!!! i hope till they become taller (and bigger)..you would have the chance to photograph them..

the boy's dad have a big genes..kase si kaiden malaking bata na rin yan e.

im sure you'll get to know more mum-friend in there..

oh, pardon for "besmirching" reputation in my last post..i dont meant to..hamo sa susunod ung maganda naman..

rgds always, more post to come..wag k na uli mawawala ha.:D

Anonymous said...

Ahh, so sweet.. Kind a like my son and my other Pinay friend too, her son is 6 months older and both are already in kindergarten but boy her son is BIG compare to my son Henry. And whenever they see each other, it's a "riot".^_^

Yeah, it would be really nice for Kaiden to have a buddy to grow up with. Lots of fun for sure..