Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Emanating From Oblivion . . .

. . . at the Land Down Under!

I don't know how to start with this comeback entry of mine . . .

Yes, my dearest friends, I'm still very much alive! LOL! I'm so sorry for not updating the blog for months and not replying to any of your very thoughtful messages.

I have been just so mooned moving from place to place since we left Latvia.

Here's a brief summary:

02Sept - 07Oct >>> We were in the Philippines for over a month. Kaiden and I left Latvia first while B finishes his contract till the 3rd week of September. He came to Manila for 2 days then went on his last business trip for the company for about a week. Got back to us then he decided to go home to Australia ahead of us to get our house ready.

Kaiden and I enjoyed our stay in Manila. It was good catching up with my family, relatives and friends. Had a good time shopping everywhere and seeing people I haven't seen for a long time. We also had the blessing of my parents' house. Gorged with lots of Filipino dishes, especially Lechon!

08Oct08 - 05Jan09 >>> We brought my youngest sis, Sheila with us here in Australia for 3 months. The trip was a reward for passing the Nursing Board Exams. She had a blast here! More on that on the coming entries.

Anyways, my passport will expire on 30 August of this year so I will have to renew it. I went to the Philippine Embassy website here and learned that the whole passport process will be done in the Philippines; and the applicant will have to personally go to Canberra. What a hassle! So I thought of just going home and doing it myself; of course through the help of my former colleague and friend from the travel industry. It was also a good time because I'll be flying home with my sister.

With our trip already planned, I contacted my friend and asked her to help me get an early release for my passport. She assured me of just a 5 days process, so off we go! We had a very limited time in the Philippines because Kaiden will be starting school the next day after we landed back here in Australia.

06Jan - 26Jan >>> Had a lovely 3 weeks stay in Manila. What a good start of the year . . . Manila bound! The trip was as always, a surprise to my family back home. They were all shocked to see Kaiden and I at the airport instead of just Sheila!

Btw, B wasn't with us because he went on a business trip somewhere. He's still not working after Latvia; but a good opportunity came up for 2 weeks while Kaiden and I were away so he went for it. He's still kinda semi-retired right now.

Anyhoo, 3 weeks is sooo BITIN!!! I only got to meet a few of my friends. I just don't have much time. So I promised the friends I did not get to see, to prioritize in meeting them the next time we're in town.

Shopping is bitin as well! Wasn't able to go to much malls. We're always just around Glorietta, Greenbelt and Power Plant. And merely days before our flight, I already run out of shopping money! LOL! Typical me!

And now back to the present!

We're presently living here in Australia (Brisbane, Queensland). The little one enthusiastically started school here, which is just across the estate we're living in. And he's loving it!



Well, that's all for now. I'll save my tons of stories later; for I've got to visit your blogs and let you know that I'M BACK!!!

I sooo miss you guys!

Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Hi Sheng!! Glad to see you back blogging. Na miss kita promise, I missed your entries. Well, looking forward for more stories. Welcome back. :)

Lynn said...

helloooo sheng!!!

what a nice surprise!!! welcome back!!! i was actually wondering for a while why u weren't updating ur blog and thought maybe u've decided to leave blogging for good but i'm just soo glad u didn't.

miss yah too and soo glad u're back!

mwahugs!

Joy0z said...

Yahoo..you're back finally. I had a great time talking to you yesterday. I just came with my friend from shopping hehehe. I wonder why Australia has the same walls almost everywhere especially at school hahaha. Even our house had the same walls as that. My everyday life domain joydob.com got expired and so I bought new domain at my own hosting server and transferred the contents.

Anonymous said...

Haiiiii Sheng! I really can't believe you too a 6 months leave from blogging. If you just know how worried your blogger friends are. No one in the blog world ever knew where you are. One time i left a message here asking anyone if they know your whereabouts. It was sort of important to know you are alive and kicking anywhere around the world kahit di ka nag blog. So diba worried si blog friend mo dito.

Thanks for all the cards. Got them all and when i got them u were not blogging anymore. At least you were still able to send me those from Latvia. Next naman is send me some cards from Australia. I will check where my friends are staying baka kasi neighbors lang kayo dyan. hehehe

Oh well, it's great to see you back. Get back to blogging now ha! I missed your posts and visits.

Hugs to the lil one and hello to everyone!

I came in here right away after reading your dropped comment. Salamat talaga for informing me you're back. :)

See ya around!

Cecile said...

Sheng we missed you so much; it was nice to see you back :-). You have been busy, huh! Be looking forward you new entry soon :-) Take care!

Emzkie said...

wow! its been a long time! i wonder what happen to ya. bakasyun galore ka pala ha! hehehe.. glad to hear from you again sis, i had fun reading your story. WElcome back to the blogosphere!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheng welcome back! Great to see you back miss you gurl. What an adventure you had. Can't wait to read more of your adventure.

Welcome back again and thank you for informing me. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

hi Mommy Sheng!!! welcome back!!!! I am really glad that you're back..alive and kicking. grabe, i was really wondering san ka na. I kept on checking here if you're back. and now that present ka na naman sa blogosphere, I am happy 'coz may babalik-balikan na naman ako dito. can't wait to see your photos of Australia.

Anonymous said...

thanks for informing nga pala that you're back. seriously, gusto ko na sana mag-post sa aking blog kung san ka na...baka may makapagturo sa akin san ka mahagilap...hehehe.

GagayMD said...

hello te sheng@!! yeah, i remember you! woooooooooh!!?!? can't find my links in yer blog roll..huhuhu!

addyforest said...

I am so you're back..Keep blogging

Anonymous said...

Ohhh my dear Sheng!!! Welcome Back!!! Good to hear from you and Wow Kaiden looks cutie as always!

We were talking about you last weekend, hubby and I were wondering where you moved. We are so happy to hear from you again.

twinks said...

Woohoo! my gorgeous friend is BACK!!! we all missed you dearie!!! I'm so glad to hear you are back again in the blogging world and is going to gaze our blogs with your gorgeous presence...

You had quite an adventure for the past months. What a way to end 2008 and start the year 2009.
Have a great day sis..
*mwahugs* to cutie Kaiden..as always..

Norm said...

Wow! the princess is back, welcome back pretty Sheng, miss din kita no akala ko hindi kana mag blogging, ang taas pa naman ng page rank mo pr3 wow! the best...buti kapa dyan enjoy sa buhay mayaman, nalibot mo na yata whole world, I'm happy for you sis. By the way, ang laki na ng angel mo, cute cute talaga ni Kaiden. Take care.

Lainy said...

Mummy Shenggg!!!

Oh my! How I've missed you! I kept coming back here wanting to see some updates before, but I really didn't know what happened. I just wished you are well and kaiden and hubby. It feels so good to see you are back again and hoping to read more of your updates soon!!!

Give my sweetest hugs and kisses to Kaiden...

All the Best,
LAINY

Michelle said...

Hi Sheng! Welcome back! Glad to hear from you again! I've been wondering of what happen to you so I came to visit here sometimes hoping to see some updates about you. Buti naman at naisipan mong mag blog ulit. ^_^

AJ said...

OMG, mum ur back! thank u lord :D

so WELCOME BACK TO your (and our) portal, so pano ba yan ikw ang bagong HIATUS QUEEN awardee sa ngayon, HEHE! (Dont worry maraming naghibernate, madalas din akong ganon.

ANG TAGAL MO ring NAWALA ah, at totoo namang namis ka naming lahat, akala nga namin nagretiro ka na sa iyong weblogging career kaya..mabuti naman at binigyan mo ulit ito ng panahon, ur a certified BBB talaga.

para rin kaseng di kumpleto ang aming pagbloblog pag wala ang iyong pagdalaw..just like a woman to every man's life daw..

i am glad u had a noteworthy time wen ur away, i knew how time and budget gruelling ur days was!

congratulations nga pala sa iyong spitting image na sis..ang galing galing naman..

and Kaiden is big now, naku marami ring nakamis sa kanya.

so pano mum im sure, magOOT ka sa pagcatch up ng mga post namin...ang nong sayo, pero ayos, lang one day at a time, this is for us to enjoy and have fun,so do it whenever ur free, and when u feel so.

brb..welcome back again dear mum :D

Ciela said...

Welcome back to the Blogsphere, Sheng! Missed your posts! 'Will wait for your photos in that land down under!Ang laki na at lalong gwaping ni Kaiden!

Will be back here. Ingatz!

Nanaybelen said...

Welcome back Sheng!

mukhang marami ng kaabang abang na post mo ah..

Anonymous said...

dropping by here

Anonymous said...

missed you Sheng . Hope you still remember me.

Anonymous said...

hi Sheng! nice to know you are back :-)
as a welcome back present ..... please join us here http://treschicmoi.blogspot.com/2009/03/i-am-mother-i-am-wife.html.
tnx!

marie said...

Ang daya! ang lapit ko lang sa Glorietta and The Power Plant is our hangout, should have met. :(

Anonymous said...

Yeehah! Now look who's back! I was wondering whatever happened to you. I knew you were moving, mabuti naman at ok naman pala. It's great to have you back. missed you. :D

desperateblogger said...

hay nako, you got me worried! anyway, i'm glad you're back. =)

Anonymous said...

Hello Mommy! I finally bought a domain for Lourdes' Mia. Hope I could exchange link with you. I have added your blog already. Hope you can visit too. Thanks!

http://www.lourdesmia.com

By the way, its been a long time since I have heard from you. Kinda missed you. It seemed like forever.

honey said...

Hi mummy sheng,

Welcome back... na miss kita and kaiden.. hehehe... Looking forward for a lot of your stories.

Btw, pinag uusapan ka pa nmin ni Josh nung nag chat kami last week. hehehe..

WebbieLady said...

Hey Sheng! Great to know you are back. Im not blogging as much as before but I get to visit my blogs still daily and if I have a chance, I do update them.

How are you? Wow, I'll be in Amsterdam today but for a quickie.. No chance to take photos... We are excited to hear more of your Australian experience there.

Shimumsy said...

hi, welcome back and thanks to hear that you and your family are ok. you got everybody worried. good luck in your new home/country.

you've been missed. take care.

shimumsy
http://reviewriting.com

Anonymous said...

Hello sheng welcome back to the blogging world! thanks for the visit!

Gorgeous Traveller said...

Hi Sheng!! Missed you. Glad you had a great blogbreak :) Look forward to reading posts from sorta sunny *or rainy* QLD :)
Take care.
Marie

PS. Let me know when you do plan to drop by SYD!

Micawatson said...

so happy to see you back...we missed you.

Nancy Janiola said...

i should know this... a lot of people misses you. it's so nice to hear from you again, Sheng...i'm really glad you're finally back... will look forward to your updates :D

Anonymous said...

Sheng!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss you! Kala ko di ka na babalik sa blogging eh. Nagulat na lang ako sa shout mo. Ako ang medyo slow ngayon due to field work sa research. I hope you and gwapong Kaiden are doing well. Musta na rin si hubby. Take care!

SHIELA said...

Welcome back Sheng! lie low muna ako sa blogging habang nag eempake for our trip to Philippines and soon transferring to Brisbane. Sa city ba kayo? Or flight to Brisbane will be on May 9.

DebbieDana said...

Ofcourse, I still remember you so well! You'll not be forgotten here in blogosphere. Glad to see you're back! Kaiden has grown more handsome!!

vivacious wife said...

Mummy Sheng,

welcome back

we love you

and please follow me

thank you

vivacious wife said...

Mummy Sheng,

welcome back

we love you

and please follow me

thank you