
Renea and I had another girl's day out today. I got to the movie house early so I purchased the tickets for us. She called that she was running late so I looked around the shops and got some toys for Kaiden.
We watched New in Town starring Renee Zellweger. She played a very driven Corporate Executive from Miami, who was assigned at the company's plant somewhere in Minnesota. She get to experience a freezing and terrible winter, plus having to mingle and somehow prove herself to the locals. When she eventually came to love the place and the people, she was asked to close the plant. That made her think to find a way to save the plant and the local's livelihood. I love the scene were she just landed at Minnesota and was going out of the airport. The freezing weather welcomed her and she came walking back inside! That particular part reminded me of the time we were on the same situation at the Riga Airport, coming back from the Philippines. The abrupt change of temperature does hit you hard!
The movie was just alright. We both wanted a feel good movie and that was the only light one.
Anyways, we had lunch after the movie and looked around shops. We then just sat somewhere and talked and talked till it's time for me to head home to pick up my little boy.
Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
New In Town
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























No comments:
Post a Comment