This is not a post about election; I just can't think about what title to put. But it is Queensland Election Day today for their State Government.
On some election note, it is mandatory for all legal age Australians to vote. You get fined and probably a jail time if you fail to. Their elections here can never be compared to how we Filipinos do it back home! Theirs, like most developed countries doesn't need to take like forever to count the votes. How I wish the Philippines can be like that someday soon!
Anyways, Kaiden and I got some visitors last night. B's relatives came and stayed overnight to keep us company. The adults had DVD marathon while the kiddies played till late.
Then today we did some shopping. Since my sister Sheila went back home, I have been shopping alone. Though B is always with me, it's still different if you're shopping with girls! So today was good! It was also a great bonding time.
We came home to have a rest for awhile while thinking what to do or where to go next. Kaiden got this Spiderman toys with a mask, water thing and some gooey stuff that was supposed to be like a spider web. The kids were playing in the driveway while we were just talking and having some cold drinks. Riley then came over and told us that Kaiden sprayed the gooey stuff all over the driveway. It was a mess!
We tried to take it off with water, scrubbed it, brushed it, put any liquid stuff we could find around the house; but we still could not take it off! We were worried that it's gonna stick on the surface because it was hot. We don't have a high pressure washer so we went to Renea's house to get it because she's got one. She tried it and it worked! The goo slowly came off because of the pressure. And it suddenly rained while she was at it. Like a typical Queensland weather, the rain did not last for long. So she continued with it. Most of the goo were gone. There's just some little ones, that I'll give it another go tomorrow.
We tried our best to take that thing off. B will just be very devastated had he been here. The driveway just had a make-over about 2 weeks ago and it will have it's final coating when B comes back. I do feel sorry for the little one if his Dada was here. You see, B loves the yard, the driveway, those stuff. He said that outside the house is his while inside is mine. And he takes pride in it. We have spent quite a lot getting the yard and the driveway done. He also had the whole house repainted again. Renea was saying that it's gonna be all our little secret!
B called while they were just about to go. He always ask about the yard and stuff, so I say that everything's fine. Although I will have to tell him all about it. We should have taken photos of it.
I was telling Kaiden how upset his Dada will be with what he did, when he comes home. His reply was: "No, he won't be. He will say: 'Wow, the driveway is very clean!'. All I could do was smile!
I'm never gonna get that thing for Kaiden again! I sure am glad Renea was here to help me out! I would go crazy scrubbing those stuff on my own!
The 2 of us will have a girl's day out again on Tuesday. I want to get her something, just a 'thank you' present for keeping us company and helping me with the driveway.
So how's your weekend so far?
Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Queensland's Election Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























5 comments:
HI Mommy Sheng!
Welcome back! A bit late to welcome you but.....better late, di ba?
Oo nga...you're out of hiatus, ako naman ang nag hiatus bigla...update hiatus lang for a few days. I have to post later on kasi mag expire yung 'duties' ko....hehe
Good to see you back! You got us worried for a while....kasi bigla kang nag disappear eh....
Mommy J
hellllllo
nice blog n good information
hi mommy sheng. thanks for the visit.
wow it's election day there. i hate election. :)
Thanks for the drop today, Mummy Sheng...
As to the Philippine electoral system, the May 10, 2010 elections shall be now automated. So it won't take us forever waiting for the election results. I am keeping my fingers crossed though if cheating can still be done on this.
May you enjoy your Sunday in grand style!
Hugs,
ELLAINE
Oh yeah girls just wanna have fun. Nice to know you got company. Kung magkalapit lang tayo naku araw2x kita sugurin hehe.
Kung dito nangyari yun gawa ni Kaiden naiimagnine kona forehead and mouth ng hubby ko.
Post a Comment