Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Christmas in Manila






It was a cool 2 weeks that we've spent in Manila. We stayed at Somerset Olympia the first week. Roam around as usual. We (Hubby, Kaiden and me) had Christmas lunch at Circles in the Shang. We just walked from Somerset to the Shang. I was wearing my new black peep-toe shoes, which after that walk caused a blister as big as a 5 centavo coin! Oh boy, it hurts like hell! We had no reservations so we had to wait a while. I still try to maintain my poise but my feet were killing me! Since we're still waiting, I decided to go back to our hotel to change my shoes. My personal motto of "style over comfort" didn't last me long! It's really killing me! So I jumped in to the first cab that I saw. Did a little chit chat with the driver and gave him a tip since it's Christmas Day and I feel bad that he has to work. Anyways, I just got a flip flop since it's very comfy, then walked back to the Shang. Had lunch. We were disappointed because the food selection wasn't as nice as it was before. Hubby thinks it was a lousy Christmas lunch. I agree. Then we had photo at the Christmas tree in the lobby and Kaiden got some shots with Santa.




We had Christmas dinner at Nielsen's in Manila Pen, with my whole family. We wanted to make it special since we don't celebrate this occasion together all the time. Everybody enjoyed the food and the place. Though there were minor mishaps because the lights go on and off a lot of times. We just weren't complete though, because my brother Jay arrived really late. He went with my Aunt to have lunch in Tagaytay. But overall, it was a special Christmas Dinner!




Christmas Day wasn't a good one for Hubby. His favorite and loving brother died on early Christmas Day (1:30am Manila time / 3:30 am Brisbane time). I was trying to convince him to get an early sleep on Christmas Eve, he said he just wouldn't be able to sleep. He feels like staying up for something. Then at 1:30am, his sister-in-law sent him an unfinished sms. He knew right away something was wrong. And he maid the call he never wanted to make. His brother Ross passed away. He was crying and I don't know how to comfort him. I just keep on telling him that God took Ross to stop his pain. It hurts I know. Oh, what a day! What a day to die on Christmas Day!




Hubby's Mum died on Valentine's Day. As a sign of respect, their Dad told them not to celebrate that day of love, in remembrance of their Mum. I told him that we can't do the same thing to his brother's death because Christmas is for kids and Kaiden loves Christmas. It will be unfair for our child. He agrees with me but I know deep inside him Christmas will never be the same.



Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

No comments: