Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Friday, January 18, 2008

TRAMPAMS

"It is better to be in chains with friends , than to be in a garden with strangers."

"Those truly linked don't need correspondence. When they meet again after many years apart, their friendship is as true as ever."





I grew up inside the military base in Fort Bonifacio. All of my friends then are sons/daughters of men in service. Us girls formed a group and named it TRAMPAMS. It was the initials of our surnames combined. We had such a fun childhood together. We would always meet up and tell stories, play games, go on an adventure like roaming around the camp and stuff. We shared our first crushes and exchanged Slum Notes. I can write endless things we've shared together as kids! It was really fun!

As we all grew up, things changed. Some of them lost their Dads, some retired. In the base, you only get to live there when someone in your family (mostly the father) is still in the service. So most of them moved somewhere else. I managed to stay close with two of them, Sheryll and Emily. Till my college and working days I make it a point to see them. Then we got married and had our own family . . . well, that's another story.

Through Friendster, I was able to get in touch with most of them. Jeresa, who we fondly call "Nining" that time, is now living in the UK as a nurse with her husband and kid. She was going home to the Philippines by December for the Dedication of her son. She suggested that we have a get-together with the rest of the girls since we'll be in Manila too for the holidays. Good idea!

The date was set for December 29. Jeresa wants to go to Fort Bonifacio first to have a look at our old houses and just see the place which she haven't seen for a very long time! I told them that I'll just be waiting for them at Mall of Asia 'coz I don't feel like walking down memory lane.

On the morning of that said date, I got a message from Jeresa that she can't make it because she's sick. I contacted Arlene and Sheryll, we decided to still move on with the plan then go over to Jeresa's place to visit her. I meet up with Sheryll at MOA. We saw Che-Che there too. Sheryll was with her daughter Zara and sister Shynne. Had coffee at Starbucks while waiting for Arlene. Was able to buy some gifts for Zara and for Arlene's 2 kids. Emily's husband, Jon-Jon was able to make it too! Got to see Arlene after a loooong time! She was my first ever best friend!

It was a gruelling travel to Jeresa's place in Alabang! Good thing Kaiden slept all the way. Then we finally got to the place. It was nice seeing her again. Most of us haven't seen each other for over 16 years! Had a good food, good laugh and lots of pics, as in lots! Got to talk to Emily who's in Bahrain. Jeresa wasn't able to really be with us though we're at their house because she felt so dizzy. We ended up dropping her and her husband at the hospital. Then we head home.

It was a good get-together, if only we're complete. But maybe next time.










Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

No comments: