Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Mummy, why are you always mad at me?"


Mummy, why are you always mad at me?"

That was a question that sends chills down my spine! I couldn't believe my 3 year old son would ask me that!!! We were on his bathroom about to brush his teeth. I just stood there stunned! For a moment I coudn't say anything! I don't know if I'll gonnay cry or laugh. I asked him again if what I've heard was right, indeed it was. I just told Kaiden that Mummy is not always mad at him. That he's just being a bit naughty most of the time that's why Mummy sometimes gets cranky with him. I then gave him a kiss, a tight hug and assured him that I love him so much! Then he smiles at me and brushed his teeth.

That kept me thinking that night. Maybe I am being hard on him lately. The fact that I'm alone now doing everything around the house may have cause my patience to snap a bit. I don't hit him or anything. I sometimes raise my voice at him and just threathen him that I'll turn the tv off or take away whatever it is he's buzy with.

I told Hubby about that when he called the following day. That made me realize that Kaiden is really not a baby anymore! He's got side comments every now and then that made me take a second look at him. He would ask for questions that I don't think kids his age should ask. He understands the logic of the stories of the show we watched. His constant question is, why? Oh, my baby is indeed growing up!


Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

1 comment:

Michelle said...

when the baby starts at the age of 3, that's the time that they become curious on things, what people act, say or do. at that age parents should be careful coz even if they are that small, their memory is good. as what others say, that the brain of a baby is like a bond paper, very clean and they can't remember anything when they grow up. but a kid at age 3 has a brain like the bond paper where they start putting words into it that even mothers can't erase.