Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sky

We usually get our daily groceries at Maxima or Rimi. Most of the time from the latter one because it's in a shopping center which is really close to home. There actually isn't much selection of food there, not much veggies or fruits. We've been to some other food shops, but they all seem to be selling the same kind of stuff. So we just have to make do of what's there. Even if I try to cook something from any recipe book, it's hard because I can't find most of the ingredients. I guess you can blame it on a totally Latvian language illiterate ME! Of course almost all of their stuff here are in Latvian writing. I know for anybody new in any country would get a dictionary . . . but not us! Hahaha! I don't know why? I guess we just relied on people who can speak in English, because most of them can.

Anyways, somebody we know suggested to check the Sky. So we did, this afternoon. It was good! Better and fresher food selection, more imported goods and most of all . . . somebody packs your shopping bags for you! You see, you have to pack your own groceries on most of the shops here, which is quite a hassle. Hubby said we should get our groceries here from now on. Hahaha! Lazy us! There was a coffee shop there so we tried it too. The food menu wasn't in English so the barista there had to translate it for us, though their coffee selection was in English. Hubby had a black tea, Kaiden had coke and I had a latte. I want some cake but the guy said that what I wanted was expensive. I was like . . . "Excuse me?!!!" I guess he was taken aback, then told me something that I didn't understand and apologized that he didn't mean that I can't afford the cake. He said I have to buy the whole cake because . . . whatever! I really didn't understand what he was trying to tell me. So I ended up just ordering potato wedges.

Kaiden was busy playing with his Lightning McQueen car-shaped shampoo; and just had a few pieces of wedges.



Hubby liked the tea set so much that he bought one! It was nice.



Then home. So that's how our Saturday went.

Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

No comments: