Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Monday, January 21, 2008

Dinner




We were invited to a dinner last Saturday by our back door neighbor. Hubby was a bit hesitant to go because he said he doesn't know them. They are Clara's (Kaiden's friend/classmate) parents. I myself didn't know them quite well, though I had coffee at their house once when I brought Kaiden there for their afternoon playing time.

The kids immediately took off when we got there. We brought an Australian wine for them. They had a typical Spanish pica-pica. Offered us a wine, but we told them that we both don't drink. Hubby had some kind of beer and I just had juice. The conversation started with what the husbands do for a living, clearly us wives just stays at home! Peter is German while Montse is Spanish. Clara speaks both her parents' native tongue plus english. Clever of her, eh? I so wanted to teach Kaiden Tagalog but I don't know how to start. Anyways, while our kids play at Clara's room upstairs, we chatted on the sitting room. They had this ham that they brought back from Spain, it was so delicious! They said it taste so good because the animal (pig) only eats one particular kind of nut. They also served some Latvian food which I didn't taste at all. I pigged out on the ham and the other food that I forgot the names.

Then dinner was served. They had baked potato, fried (I think!) carrots, some salsa and steamed fish. Kaiden just ate fish while Clara ate a lot! I helped Montse clean up a bit before she served dessert. Chatted again. Until it's time to head home.

Hubby told them that we'll have them over soon. That made me open my eyes so wide. What am I gonna serve them? I'm such a terrible, terrible cook! I know Hubby just puts up with my cooking, especially now that he's on a diet. While walking home I asked him what we'll gonna make for them. He said that maybe we should just invite them to a dinner in a restaurant to save me from cooking. Hahaha! What a nice idea! But I feel bad if we'll do that. Then I remembered the Filipino chef from Gan Bei. I told Hubby that maybe we'll just invite him too and ask him to cook! So bad of me! But I don't have a choice! At least I'll be able to learn some recipes from him. Haven't told Wilson (the chef) about it yet. Maybe we'll do the dinner the weekend after Hubby's birthday next week.

Let's see . . .


Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

No comments: