Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Baby(child)sitting Weekend

SATURDAY
Riley stayed us this weekend because he'll be alone in their house. I don't mind having him because Kaiden loves playing with him. He can keep up with Kaiden's hyperactivity.

Riley and Kaiden played the whole day yesterday. We stepped out just to buy a present for Kaiden's classmate who was having a Birthday Party that evening. We went to Toys 'R' Us, where both of them ended up having toys each.

The 2 boys were playing in the yard and I was watching a dvd when the lovely Yums called. We talked for quite a while about life here in Australia, our families, some Korean TV series. It was so nice talking to her and we both hope we could meet in person soon, since we're both living in Queensland. Very soon, Yums!

The party was at McDonald's. We got there early so Kaiden played in the playground. The other guests started arriving so Riley and I just stayed on 1 corner. Most of the kids were from Kaiden's class.

I did not mingle with the Mums because I was keeping Riley company. One Mum asked why I did not join them, I said I was babysitting.

Anyways, that party was the 2nd one we have attended from Kaiden's class, so far. I noticed that the only ones who get to have the 'party food' were the kids invited. The 1st party we went to, was at Hungry Jack's. I observed how the parents bought their own food. I did not give it much thought till last night when I saw the same thing again. Like Mums were buying dinner for their other kids who were not the celebrant's friends, as well as theirs. So I got the conclusion that if you're hosting a kiddie party in places like McDonalds or Hungry Jack's, you only pay for the actual kids invited.

It was new to me because I am so used with the way we do it in the Philippines; that the host pays for everything and everyone in the party. We have done it from Kaiden's Baptism to his Birthday celebrations, and had paid for everyone who attended. As a host, you expect that some guest will be bringing more than one with them. As we Filipinos say: "Dala ang buong Barangay!" And that's expected.

I called my friend Melanie and told her about that. After being in and out of Australia for 6 years now, I can still get culture shock! I was telling her that it is cheaper having a kiddie party here in Oz because you only get to pay for your child's friends!

I still love how a simple McDonald's or Jollibee party back home brings so much joy to the kids! You get to have a mascot and a lively party that even adults can participate. There's nothing like that in here. Kaiden did not have mascots during his 2nd and 3rd Birthday Party in Dubai but everybody enjoyed it because we held party games with very entertaining hosts, a clown, some face painting and balloon making.

I'll do some research about kiddie parties here. Surely there's something out there more amusing for the kids to do!

SUNDAY
We got up early and head down to Queen's park. My 2 alaga had a jolly time playing around the park!





It was past lunch time when we went to the nearest shopping center to have something to eat. We roam around and met Riley's Mum there so he can go home. Then Kaiden and I just got some groceries and headed home too.

My little one got bored as soon we got here. He saw the camera and asked me for, 'picture! picture!'





This will be our last day of being all alone. B is coming back tomorrow morning, finally! He is presently at Singapore Airport. He arrived there late last night from Ho Chi Minh and won't be flying till about midnight tonight; so he checked-in at the Airport Hotel. He is spending his whole day just in the airport! At least he is now a step closer coming home.

Hope you guys enjoyed the weekend!

Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

20 comments:

Liza said...

Kaya ang sarap dito sa Pilipinas eh, Ibang-iba talaga. :)

WebbieLady said...

Hi Sheng! It's really a great fun for Kaiden then, to have some playmate at home (aside from you of course!).

I do love the images. No wonder Kaiden is so close to you as you are a supermom! You put yourself in his shoes... I love that camel ride photo!

Norm said...

Ganyan din dito ang mga puti dapat i confirm mo kung dadalo ka o hindi kasi binibilang nila yong tao na dadalo pati yong pagkain nila. Yong iba naman na puti kahit birthday nila tapos mag-invite sila ng dinner sa labas, naku! kanya kanyang bayad, kung anong inorder mo ikaw magbabayad hindi yong birthday celebrant. Pero iwan ko hindi siguro lahat ng puti pareho, hehehe depende parin siguro. Iba kasi kaysa ating mga pinoy kasi pag birthday natin tayo magbabayad sa lahat ng gastos diba? Yon parin ang mga Filipino dito bongga parin mahilig parin maghanda ng maraming pagkain na libre at saka mapagbigay parin walang pagbabago yon.

S-H-Y said...

Halo how are you? just visiting here and wishing you a good weekend. I hoep you can visit me back.

Shimumsy said...

hi sheng, i guess life is really different down under than where you were before. was it latvia? have fun always with your handsome son and new friends.

DebbieDana said...

It's the same here in the states, you'll only pay for the guests invited pero hindi naman lahat. We've been to other kiddie parties where the host paid for everything including the food of the other parents. I still prefer the way we Pinoys celebrate our birthdays.

Looks like your weekend was a blast. I enjoyed the photos. Thanks for sharing!

Nga pala, thank you so much Sheng for the birthday greetings. Haven't had the chance to reply sooner because we went to MO and we just got back home.

Have a great week ahead.


Debbie :)

desperateblogger said...

hi sheng, thanks for the prayers and good wishes. i'm fine now but has to go slow down a bit - which i don't know how. just this morning every one was late for work/school, because i did not wake them up. i guess they just have to set their alarm clocks.

have a nice week ahead. kaiden is so big and pogi!

Cecile said...

was here dropping by; good that your hubby is coming home soon :-)!

Badet said...

Hi Sheng, looks like a tiring but fun weekends with the kids!

Anyway, you can view my post on how I spent my weekend here

AJ said...

ang cute naman ng isa mo pang alaga..sana may pix sila ni kaiden ng marami..

naku, mas ayos yang may kalaro si kaiden para makpagblog ka in between..

rgds mum..ang ganda naman dyan sa inyo..

ps: hala, sandstorm at ulan na dito..lapit na summer.

Tey said...

I didn't now you're in Australia now Sheng. So hows life there?
My Daily Thoughts
Blogger"s Recollections
Array Of Hopes

Tey said...

Visiting you from my other blogs Sheng
Raptured Dreams, All Natural Cosmetics 4u, Celebrity Entertainment

jessie said...

Sheng,

Ampogi talaga ni Kaiden. Mana sa nanay. Hehehe! I hope you're all doing just great amiga. Take Care!!!

Nova said...

pretty sure you boy had fun at the park....

Spices of Life said...

wow, that camel looks great and real

Rocks said...

have a wonderful week ahead sheng!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Hi Sheng, got here from faye, kababalik ko lang from Pi and glad to know that your back in blogging..

ryliej said...

super handsome si kaiden!

john said...

Hello there, nice photos..

JDBelle said...

nice bonding time!

Mabelle