Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Quick Dash To The City

I am sorry for being absent from your blogs for the last couple of days. Been out and having girly dates!

I called my friend, Melanie the other day to ask if she will have this coming weekend off, because I want to try driving to their place by myself. She said she's got work but she was off that day and yesterday. So I said we'll just meet the following day at the mall near her place. She was reluctant because I might get lost. I seem to remember the way whenever we go there. Though I honestly admit that I am uncertain with it because of the massive road works going on right here in Queensland.

I called B and told him that I want to drive to Garden City. He said going all the way there just for a road trip won't be a good idea. The fact that I will be passing an Industrial Area will be kind of dangerous for me, with trucks around.

Then Melanie suggested that we just meet in the City yesterday. Good idea!

I dropped Kaiden at school then head to the train station. I decided to catch the train because it will get me to the City quicker than driving. I did not anticipate the crowded car park. It did not cross my mind that train station's car park are always full during weekdays. I drove around and around till I found a spot.

When I got to Central Station, Melanie was waiting with a fresh juice and a cupcake in hand for me! We then walked to Queen Street, sat some where and talked. We went to shops after shops. Had lunch at Queen's Plaza, walked again, had coffee at Starbucks and just talked. We shared stories about our adorable and mischievous 4 year olds, our lucky husbands, all those girly talks. Had a couple of snaps.




I hate leaving early but I have to, to be in time for Kaiden. 3 1/2 hours is not really enough, although that will have to do for now. But it's not that bad. I got to see and be with a friend and talk over a cup of coffee.

Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems you had a great day catching up with a friend. :)
I miss my best buds in PH.

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Mummy Sheng....

Salamat sa dalaw. Naku mukhang payat lang ako sa picture...sa totoo...tabaching ching ako....hehehe.

Enjoy the rest of the week...

Mommy J

Reanaclaire said...

how r u sheng? its been a long long time, so it seems.. haha..
anyway will add u back in my blogroll..i lost the former one.. do keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

yes, im goin to the Philippines. excited na nga..

salamat sa dalaw

Anonymous said...

hi sheng! it seems like you had a great time with your friend. have a happy day!

Anonymous said...

You are welcome ^_^. It's nothing really,,,I'm just really glad you're back Mum Sheng...

Girls date?! Good for you! Girls need that once in a while,:)

Anonymous said...

Nice background and lovely faces. Glad you had a great time with your friend. :)

grace said...

hello mommy sheng, how are you? just droppin by today

Anonymous said...

haie te sheng!! thanks for dropping at mah site..hope u could visit owso mah medical blog! :)

Ciela said...

Looks like it's a wonderful girly day out for you Sheng! It's really nice to have some friendly chat with a very close buddy.

Hoping to see you around!

AJ said...

parang kasama nyo rin kami sa girlie bonding nyo sa napakaganda at linis na lugar na yan ah, tama yan mum, bumawi ka :D

im glad for u that u find a friend u could closely relate urself..

kmsta mo ko/kami kay melanie:D

hapi weekend!

Prily said...

Hi Sheng,good to know you are enjoying your time wherever and to whoever! It is nice to spend time just talking to your friends. I always do that here in Scotland. hehehehe!!! Please excuse me that i am not very prompt now with my blogging and not visiting often as i used to. But just to let you know you are in my thoughts...Take care,my dear!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mum Sheng, wishing you a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheng! It's nice that you have friends close to you and that you're doing good at driving. Konting practice pa and I'm sure magaling ka na. :)

Karen Christi said...

So you are in Brisbane? I will be in Brisbane too Sheng. I will be working in one of Spring Hill hospital in Brisbane. Sa city ka din ba? I'm sure we will meet in person soon... i'm excited. Sa ngayon super busy pa ako ka eempake. We will go home first to PH then to Brisbane on May 9.

Pansin ko ang ganda nang weather dyan :)

SHIELA said...

hi sheng. sorry i'm making you confused. it's me. i was using my cousin's log in info :)

UPrinting said...

Despite the short time that you guys had been together, it looks like you both had a lot of fun. You surely enjoyed each other's company.
It's nice to catch up with friends, don't you think? :)