Kaiden grew up watching lots of kiddie shows. He was only a few months old when I started him with Barney. He loves the songs on that big purple dinosaur's show. He might also be amazed at seeing a big creature dancing around!

Hubby and I were getting sick of Barney; so when we went home to Australia for a holiday, I've brought back dvd's of Hi-5. An Australian kiddie group. Kaiden liked it better, I thought so during that time. He was about 1 year old then. I guess because it is more of singing and dancing. I kinda liked it too! There's 5 of them in the group, 3 girls and 2 boys. Namely: Charli Delany (used to be Robinson), Kellie Hoggart, Kathleen Jones (used to be de Leon), Nathan Foley and Tim Harding. Kathleen is a Filipina! She's no longer with the group as of last year, to take care of her first born. She's actually married to a former Savage Garden guy, Daniel Jones. I really like Kathleen because she's proud to be a Filipino! Sad that she left the group. A Korean replaced her, Sun Park. It's not that I'm being biased (maybe I am!), but I liked the way Kathleen performed better that Sun. I've also seen a Hi-5 group from the US. Still, the original Australian group is the best!

As Kaiden grew up, of course his likes changed too.
He came to love watching The Toy Story.
Then Cars.
And of course the 3 Spiderman movies!


And I tell you, when he liked something, he'll be watching it over and over and over again! Kaiden have lots of other kiddie dvd/vcd like Noddy, Dora the Explorer, Blues Clues, Sesame Street; movies like Finding Nemo, Shark's Tale, Monster's Inc. and the likes. But in the past few months, he only liked the Toy Story, Cars and the Spiderman movies. Though in the morning, Kaiden loves to watch British kiddie shows from CBeebies like The Tweenies, Tikkabilla, especially Balamory and Big Cook Little Cook.
Kaiden was watching Cars this afternoon and wanted to watch it for the nth time. I was busy preparing our dinner at that moment and I'm kinda tired of hearing the same movie again and again. Instead of playing it, I suggested that maybe it will be fun if he watch a new dvd. He wanted to choose but I said there was a Hi-5 dvd that hasn't been open yet. Since he loves tearing up things, he agreed.
I think his affinity with Hi-5 came around. He ended up watching 2 more Hi-5 dvd's before going to bed. He's got quite a few Hi-5 dvd's but some are left in Australia and I think 2 or 3 of them were given as souvenirs to his friends back in Dubai. So much for collecting things.
I hope from tomorrow on, I won't be seeing/hearing Cars or Spiderman for a while.
Hi-5 is fine with me for now, since we haven't played that for a pretty long time.
Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Hi-5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























2 comments:
hi there Sheng, got an award for you =)
hahaha! my kid loves to watch barney too, like every morning for an hour! im sick of watching it but my kido always loves it. hehehe... and the Hi 5 too. =)
Post a Comment