Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Day Out

I had a very tiring and sleepy day yesterday. I wanted to take a nap but I have to pick up Kaiden from school by 3PM, so I wasn't able to. I feel like having a cappuccino but too lazy to do foaming thing so I opted to just have an espresso from the machine. My espresso machine had been my constant date every morning. No, not only during the morning, but just whenever the coffee addict in me kicks in.

Anyways, since I can't find anything to do this morning, I thought of going out! It was a lovely morning with sunshine and a chilly breeze. I went to Stockmann. Roam around and saw the cinema. Since I've got nothing else to do and I'm trying not to splurge on anything, I thought . . . why not see a movie? Alone? Yes, alone! Haven't done that before, so that was a first! It isn't scary to watch a movie alone here in Latvia because the cinemas are always filled with vacant seats! Only a few people watches movies (well, that was what I've noticed since living here). The only movie that catches my attention was 27 Dresses starring Katherine Heigl. I've watched her first starring movie which is Knocked Up. Been seeing her in Grey's Anatomy. The movie was just alright, not bad. The movies here are in English which have Latvian and Russian subtitles. I'm so glad that's what they do and not dub it like they do on their tv shows here! I bought a bottle of water and a box of popcorn to accompany me throughout the movie. The funny thing here is that after the movie, they let you go out through another door leading to the fire exit stairs. The fire exit that leads you outside the establishment.

After that, I walked to the Gallerija Centres. Went inside the shops that interests me and had a look. I was trying very hard not to like anything! As in trying hard not to get my wallet and pay for something that catches my eyes! I keep on thinking about my shopping ban! And I did very good! I even went to a number of shops in the Old Town but I always came out empty handed! I was so proud of myself! (applauds . . . anyone? LOL!) What I do is try to reason to myself if I really need it. Most of the time I already have those items, I just love to shop! I was really pleased with myself that I didn't noticed I was smiling! Somebody came up to me and said that he liked the way I smiled, and that maybe life is good to me! I don't know what to say! I stood there shocked! All I can do was smile again and say thank you, and left!

Today, I finally satisfied my McDonalds craving! But the shoofid girl made a mistake on my chicken fingers again! I didn't orded a McChicken meal, but chicken fingers! I even repeated that to her for like three times! It was a take away because I have to rush home to pick up Kaiden. I didn't bother to check the bag. Hay! Next time I will really make sure I got what I ordered.

Kaiden didn't get to eat his Happy Meal yet because he wanted to play with Clara next door. He just got the toy.

Oh, what a day! No shopping but I'm happy!

Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

3 comments:

marie said...

Congrats Sheng! That's kinda hard to control shopping. Eh kaya naman pala todo control eh may balak kang mag splurge next month sa Manila, hahaha. Gusto mo samahan kita sa Tutuban? Where are you staying in Manila? Aren't you meeting other bloggers?

marie said...

Wait wait baka naman hi-end shopper ka at di type tutuban? we can go to Rockwell or Greenbelt or Glorietta.

Anonymous said...

Galing naman! :)

Ako.. jusko.. malabo ko ata magawa yang shopping ban na yan.