Yes, it's Hubby's birthday today and he's miles away from us!
For the first time since we got here in Latvia, I went out alone! I'm so not used on being alone, hence, I hate being alone! But I don't have any choice. My sister and I used to go out shopping, hang out and watch movies together here. It's different now so I better get use to it!
It took about half an hour to the mall because it was on the other side of town. I was quite dizzy during the ride. I don't know if it was the cab's motion or I just put on too much perfume. When I got down from the cab and breathed in fresh air, I felt a bit better. So on to shopping . . . I'm actually not planning to go on shopping today. I just need to get a box for Hubby's birthday gift. But since I'm already there, I might as well have a peek at the shops. Just like the usual, I ended up buying stuff!
My loot today . . .
I thought of having lunch at a pizza place there but when I checked my watch, I won't have enough time to grab something to eat before picking up Kaiden. I needed some money and the line up in the ATM took about 10 minutes of my time. Good thing there wasn't much traffic on the way back that's why I was able to nibble something from the fridge.
On our way home from school, we saw Montse (Clara's Mum). Kaiden told her that he wants to go to their house. While I was telling him that we're going out, Montse told him that they are going to the Old Town. Us too! She said we can ride with them, so I said OK. I was planning to just walk so Kaiden and I can enjoy walking together. But Kaiden loves being with Clara and I like being with them too. I gave Kaiden a snack first at home then we went to Clara's place.
We parted ways in the Old town. We went to Mary Magdalene but the church was close (so I thought). Saint Jacob is a Catholic church as well so we went there. The doors were close too but a man was about to enter so I asked him if it's open, and it is. Logically, it's freezing that's why the church doors are closed. Silly me! Kaiden knows the sign of the cross and our nightly prayer; Angel of God. But this time I was teaching him to pray for his Dada since it's his birthday. We stayed there for a while then we head on. Just walked through the Old Town and had a cup of tea at Apsara's branch there. I was surprised to see its new sitting arrangement. Quite like the one that we loved near the park.
From this . . .
To this . . .

Kaiden loved it! Because he can take his shoes off and jump around. I had tea of course and a cup of milk for Kaiden. They don't have my favorite cake so I just shared Kaiden's chocolate cake. 
Took some photos . . .

I wanted to have dinner somewhere but Kaiden insisted on McDonalds because he likes the Happy Meal (solely the toy). Like what I said last night . . . McDonalds, indeed we came! We took the food home because it was getting late. The girl from McDonalds got my orders wrong. Can't do anything now!
Hubby called very exhausted because he said they went around Salzburg. He was pleasantly surprised because when he got back to his hotel room, he got a card and a cake! He thought it was from me. How I wish!
So that's how we celebrated Hubby's birthday far apart from each other!
This is quite a long post, hey!
Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G
Friday, February 1, 2008
It's Hubby's Birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























1 comment:
Hi Mummy
A beautiful place here!
Excellent post! t
thank you.
have a good weekend
Post a Comment