Kaiden's school event yesterday wasn't really a kind of Family Day that I have expected. I thought it will be a chance for every family of each student to get to know each other. Like the school will have activities for families to participate in. But nevertheless, the kids somehow enjoyed the day. I think it's because their families were there.
Tyn and I were a bit late because it took us a long time to get ready, as always. When we got to Kaiden's classroom, almost all of the parents were there already. He was so happy to see us and gave me a big kiss. The students were asked to draw their family in a piece of paper. Kaiden has an ant's patience for things like that. Even back in Dubai, he is sooo lazy doing his homework. He doesn't like writing and drawing much. His teachers told me that he is more on the actual stuff. Kaiden just scribbled 3 persons and blurted out that he's finished! It was taped in the wall outside the classroom.
Then we went back to the classroom and sat around. We were seated beside Kaiden's Korean classmate named Yoon-Je. I like his Mum, she's nice and we get to talk a lot whenever I pick Kaiden up from school. Their teacher Ms. Diana asked each student who from their family came and asked what language they speak at home. Then they have to say Hello! in the language that they use. Most of Kaiden's classmates are of course, Latvian. Not all of his classmates were present yesterday, but I know there's Russian, Finnish, French, German, Spanish, etc.
(Wasn't able to get much pics because we were seated at the end corner)
The students were given a photo of them and they have to get the flower that they did and give it to their parents.
> > > It says I LOVE YOU! KAIDEN < < <
They also helped in making cookies that were shared by everybody.
Then off we all go to the hall in the big school. The kids were seated along the stairs as they sing to the parents.
It was planned that we're going to the Old Town after school, but it rained when we got home. So we just waited for Hubby to pick us up then we went to Sky to get some groceries. It was dinner time when we're done in Sky, so we decided to just dine in at Gan Bei in Spice.
I mentioned before that we seemed to notice a new Filipino Chef there at Gan Bei. True enough, he is Pinoy! He was surprised when Hubby asked him if he is Pinoy. He just looked at us shocked! We didn't get to talk to him that much because we were on our way out and he was cooking teppanyaki. We'll go back again and make sure to interview him!
We went over to Zara and picked up 2 shirts for Kaiden and a simple blouse for me.
Lastly, I'm able to use my iPhone now because we've got Wi-Fi! Hubby bought one and installed it last night. He downloaded heaps at my phone. Hubby was playing with his iPhone and installing programs in it, when he downloaded an iPhone approved program that totally blocked everything in his phone. It won't work now. He tried to find a program to fix it, but it's for a pro's use. I don't know if there's a shop here in Latvia that can fix the phone. Hubby might have to wait till August to have it fixed over in the Philippines. Since we Filipinos know that everything can be done over there, right?! I told him that surely anybody from those cellphone shops in Gold Crest (Glorietta 2) and Greenhills can fix it in a heartbeat!
Sad, Hubby really loves his iPhone. I told him to use mine, but he said he'll just use his old (only 1 month old SE 850i) phone. I hope we can find a way to repair it. So if anybody out there know how, please send me a message. Thanks!
Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Kaiden's Family Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























3 comments:
it sounds like the mommy did have a great time!
by the way, thanks for visiting my blog and sharing lovely pics of your son.
hope you have a great weekend ahead!
Hi Mummy Sheng...
Those kinds of activities are what I miss most sa school. I used to teach Middle School but we're all involved sa activities in all levels so I got to watch little kids during their cute programs....kakatuwa.
Have a great weekend. Thanks for the visit....oh, we were told na our little girl is quite tall for her age nga. She has uncles way over 6ft tall and some aunts who are about 6'2" ata...so may tendency talaga tumangkad. before I know it, I'll be a dwarf in this household....wahhhh...
Mommy J
Sheng,
Kaya pala Kaiden's Gorgeous Mum ang blog name mo, ngayon ko lang na-realize Kaiden pala name ng baby mo.
Post a Comment