Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Our Saturday Night

We just stayed at home till afternoon yesterday and went out at around 1800H. We went straight to the Old Town and checked the Medieval restaurant for dinner. Unfortunately most tables were booked and we didn't make any reservations. Can't think of any restaurants, so Hubby suggested TGIF. We've been there a lot of times and I want to try a new one, so I mentioned the Italian Restaurant along the street of the hotel were we used to live. It is called Monterosso, quite a known Italian resto here. I took a photo of Kaiden and Hubby as we enter the place.



We of course sat at the non-smoking area. Took some photos again . . .



Both Hubby and Tyn had chicken with something, while I had Sea Bass with tomato salad.



I wasn't satisfied when I initially saw my food. I've had Sea Bass before and it wasn't presented like that. But I was taken aback when I had a mouthful, it was so good! Like I never thought that the tomato will go well with the fish, but it did! Just a perfect combination! All of us enjoyed our meal and walked out of the restaurant a satisfied diner! Monterosso is quite pricey but was worth it and surely, we'll come back again.

Walked all over the Old Town which was packed! All streets were crowded with people, same with the restaurants. I think the Old Town's lively night life is back! With the weather going better and better (though still a bit chilly) everyday, no wonder people are hanging out in there. We went at Gallerija Centrs and bought Kaiden toys for Wednesday. Walked a bit more and had a cup of tea (as usual) in our usual tea shop, Apsara.








We were just about 2 blocks away from the tea shop when it suddenly rained! We wanted to walk around more before heading home, but the rain called it off for us. Got no choice but to just walk back to the parking lot and leave.

It was a good night though. Would love to do it again and again because it doesn't feel like night at all; with the sun setting down just 2 hours before midnight. What I love most about it is being with my family and having fun together.

Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheng,

Kakainggit ka naman. You seem to have a very wonderful family.

desperateblogger said...

kaiden's so pogi na! you have an addiction to fine dining lol!

Anonymous said...

so true jessie...nakakaingit talaga. ang swerte ni mommy sheng!!

pero infairness ha...pizza ba yang manipis? hehehe

PinayWAHM said...

Looks like you had a great time. That fish sounds yummy. I like fish and tomato combo actually.

@teaching: Yes, I miss the classroom setting and the interaction with the students. I taught for about 15 years give or take and it was an experience.

If and when I go back to teaching, I want to do it in Asia. I'm not keen in teaching here in the US. I had the chance in 1999 but I backed out and chose to go back to Taiwan instead.

Have a great week Mummy Sheng...

Mommy J