Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Monday, May 19, 2008

Our Placid Sunday

We just stayed home the entire day yesterday. We were suppose to go out and get something (again) for Kaiden. But cars were not allowed to go in and out of our street because yesterday was the yearly Nordea Riga Marathon. It started somewhere in the main city that goes around the historic sights of Riga. Including the tiny island where we live in. Yes, we live in an island beside the Daugava River, across the Old Town. The organizers wanted the marathon participants to see the architectures and charm of Kipsala; that's why they block off the main roads. Part of the route was our street, that's why we can't go out. The event started at 0930H and most of the marathoners passed by our street around half past ten. Though there were quite a few who were still running till 1300H. There were 3,000 participants from about 20 countries. We had a look from our veranda and I snapped some photos. Kaiden had a good time watching people run and waving at them!






Cars were finally allowed around half past 2 in the afternoon. But we were all lazy to get ready and go out by then. So we decided to just stay home and drop by at the mall tomorrow.

Hubby figured out a way to fix his iPhone. He is getting quite addicted to it, really. He is the one discovering programs and installing it to our phones. He is so amazed at iPhone's features and capabilities. He absolutely loves it! Tyn and I were joking that while my husband is addicted to iPhone, my son is getting hooked-up with the computer game from McDonalds. He won't stop unless you let him play in the computer!

For our dinner, Hubby cooked something for us! He is good in the kitchen, way better than me! He can cook with anything available from the fridge. I can't even make a good recipe if one ingredient is missing. I'd rather not cook and just order in (something I'm really good at, and Hubby knows it!). But the only thing I hate when Hubby cooks, is the mess in the kitchen! Don't get me wrong, I love his cooking. It's just that the kitchen is a bit of a chaos when he's done. Like you wouldn't know where to start cleaning up. I remember a friend told me that a good cook is like that! Hubby is indeed a good cook, a good cook that I love so much!

Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

1 comment:

Gorgeous Traveller said...

What a quaint little town you live in! :) Pretty sight! (and i dont mean the marathon participants!) hehe!

Cheers,
Marie

PS, you'll notice Im logged on to my other acct!