Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Our Nursing Graduate

This post is loong overdue! I always have it in mind, but slips through whenever I'm in front of the computer.

She's our youngest sister, Sheila.

People say she's my twin because we look so alike! Some of my friends even had mistaken her for me! Like one saw her along Makati Med and he was wondering why I am in the country and wearing a uniform. It wasn't till he had a close look that he realized it was my youngest sis! Not only did we look alike, but Sheila also got some of my traits that the family just laughs about. She's also lazy (pretty much like me when I was her age), picky with food, kinda maarte and takes much time in the bathroom and getting dressed; kinda a biatch in short! LOL!!!

Sheila is now a graduate of Nursing from RTRMS-MMC (Remedios T. Romualdez Memorial Schools - Makati Medical Center)! She graduated last April 12. Her graduation was one of the reasons we went home. I wouldn't miss it!

Each student only had 2 tickets for the graduation day, so it was Tyn and I who attended her Baccalaureate Mass at Don Bosco Church a day before the main event. There was a Mass before the program, then the graduating students received another pin and some certificates. They also wore their togas and had a class picture.














The whole affair went for 4 hours, that left us starving! We had a late lunch in Greenbelt and just spent the rest of the day there.

We had Sheila's Graduation Dinner at Abe in Serendra. It's a Filipino restaurant that serves such delectable dishes! We walked along Bonifacio High Street after dinner and took some photos.

> > > The Graduate, with Kaiden




> > > My proud parents . . . photo taken by Kaiden



> > > With my beloved siblings!

I actually wanted a big party for her graduation, but she opted to just have an intimate dinner with the family. Whatever the graduate says!

Sheila is now busy reviewing in preparation for the Board Exams next month. I do hope and pray she'll pass it with a satisfying grade. I know she will!

I can't believe how time fly so fast! I used to see her as the baby girl of the family because of the long age difference between her and Tyn. Nevertheless, we all grew up close like the best of friends! I moved out when she was in High School and didn't get to really know her day-to-day life. I was just starting a family then and trying to be a domestic goddess! So you can get a picture of how (kinda) hard my life was then! LOL! It was when she stepped into College that I got to be involved again. It was during that time that I get to go back to the Philippines almost 2-3 times a year.

Sheila was the luckiest among the 3 of us (let's exclude my departed brother and our youngest). She gets to have everything that she wants and most of all, she shunned our father's uttermost strictness. Though she occasionally gets Dad's crankiness because she's so unorganized. Her room is always a mess! You'd think otherwise because she's a girl. But no, Sheila and Jay I think are both running for having the messiest room in the house! You may say that Tyn and I are kinda useless around the house, Sheila is worst! Like she doesn't know anything! But I love her still!


I'm just so happy and so proud of what she's become today! Though she's still so immature in a lot of ways. I don't know how she'll be when she started working. Well, that's another story!

Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

16 comments:

Sunshinelene said...

sheng, i agree - she looks alot like you. :)

hapi mom's day!

Anonymous said...

It always feel great to have a member of a family to achieve something. You really are proud of your sister. :)

Care to exchange links? :)

Anonymous said...

helo sheng, kumsuta na? wow, you;ve got a good looking family. I am sure your family must have a very good and close relationship…..they are all so happy together.
Take care.

Joy0z said...

wow naman congrats sa sis mo. ang gaganda nyo magsis friend naku wala me masabi..pangcelebrity!!!

Anonymous said...

shes so beautifull. regards to her

Lainy said...

Congratz to your sis, mummy sheng! I was able to read the post before u visited the PHilippines...U look so stunning in your pics, one could tell magkakapatid nga kau, hehehe! You have some similar features...

Thanks a lot for the frequent visits Mummy sheng. I can't describe in so many words how I appreciate you!

Take care always and God speed all the way!

laura said...

Hi! sheng ty sa visit congrats sa sis u oo nga magkakahawig kau gaganda nyu naman ala me ma say Im sure proud na proud parents nyu sa mga myron kau ngaun.

Pinay said...

Congrats sa sister mo and goodluck na din sa board examination nya,hope she will pass.You are all pretty!halos talaga magkahawig mga itsura nyo,ako din sguro mapagkamalan ko kayong kambal :)

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!

Ganda nga!

Emzkie said...

congratulations to your sister Mommy Sheng. Ur Parents must be very proud of her. When I first saw the picture? I thought it was you. hehehe... i say.. sheng? went to school? she never mention that before in her blog? .. as I read I realize its not u. hehehhe... great pictures sis. =)

PinayWAHM said...

What a great looking family you have Mummy Sheng...

Congrats to your sister....

Mummy J

twinks said...

Threes Marias sis...
ka look alike mo nga.. hehehe
hahay buti pa you meron sister..me only girl, sigh...
congrats sa sis mo and goodluck sa board exam nya.. :]

Prily said...

Lovely family...Congrats to your lovely sis!!!

Michelle said...

wow, what a nice celebration for the graduate! wish me and my siblings are that close too. nice to see you having fun with them. :)

AJ said...

kudos!..your parents too blessed to have you..

you will not believe this your sis in toga's a spitting image of my niece (who just had her college grad also)...my regards to all the pretty woman outthere..!

SHIELA said...

Congrats to your sister.

Ang gaganda nyo naman. You are so blessed to have a family like them. Ako? Wala as in zero. Buti ka pa. Anyway me award nga pala ako sa yo. I will paste it in your comment box.