I've got a personal dilemmma I want to share with you . . .
Have you ever wanted something so bad that you ended up obsessing with it? I don't mean in a bad way. But have you ever desired for one thing (not materially) and constantly think about it? Have you ever wished so hard for it to come true?
Now, the thing is, that fervent want of yours seems to be just an arm's reach away! That "thing" you've been wanting and praying for is already within you! Then all of a sudden, you couldn't understand what you are feeling. That it's as if you no longer have any interest in it. "Why?" you asked. You're very confused! Why do you feel that way?
I asked a friend about it. She said that human beings are like that because we never seem to have any contentment with life. That we wanted more and more. I can see her point. But it doesn't have anything to do with contentment. I just couldn't tell her all about it. I wanted to somehow figure myself out on why I am being like this.
Why? That is the question that keeps going on in my mind right now. Why? I should be so happy and thankful because I finally (I think!) have what I've been wanting for so long! But I don't think I feel joyous with it anymore! There are a lot of what ifs and hows which have complicated answers!
You may seem confuse too reading this! I haven't told anyone about this yet, I mean the details. Not even Hubby knows. Don't wanna bother him with this. I'm trying to know myself more and what I really want.
I've been thinking hard about this about 2 nights ago. I have been questioning myself almost the whole day yesterday. Then I somehow felt at ease with it last night till about noon today. But now I'm back to those questions again!
I know I keep goin on and on without knowing where this post will lead to!
Just wanna let this out in me.
Thanks for reading!
Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Confused . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























7 comments:
Hey Sheng, You are not alone.... I understand you totally... That's life I guess, we want something so bad sometimes that it doesn't make sense (to others) but to you it does. :)
C'est la vie!
Hi Sheng.. doin rounds after what seems like ages.. :)
Well, like what gorgeous traveler said, that's life. We sometimes tend to yearn for something inexistent. Why? Naku, that's just one of the millions of questions still left unanswered til now.
Ganun lang ata tlga.. haaay..
You got me confused there sis.. :]
Well, you're not alone. Been there. Done that. Everybody experiences moments like that. You have to have time for yourself and know what you want. talking to your friends could be helpful too. Just be open and be honest. Goodluck :]
Hi Sheng....
Just to make I get this one right...the decision is up to you now?
If so, I think your friend nailed it when she said that we will never be fully satisfied no matter what. But sometimes, there are some unknown reasons as well...which we may or may not know in the days to come.
I had something similar happened to me a few years back. I really wanted to come here in the US and teach...just like every other teacher in the Phils. All of a sudden I got the offer and I went to LA, California for the interview. While I was there I suddenly had this kind of a feeling. I couldn't understand it that time. For years, I was so wanting to get a job offer like that. To make the story short, I didn't take the job and went back home instead. It turned out one of the best decisions I ever made. Both my parents passed away the year after that. If I were here in the US then, I wouldn't have made it to their 'going away'....
Anyway, I just thought I'd throw in something here. Hopefully, you can make a decision to your satisfaction...
TC
juliana
I know how you feel But just remember just because we want it God may not see fit to give it to us... If your meant to get it your way God will do it in Gods time not ours... I had a want in my life that I know I will never get God made that quit clear to me, But he has also given me another choice in that place... If it is meant to be God will give it and If it isn't then god will show that as well... Hope I made some sence to you...
Hi Sheng, I guess you need time for yourself to reflect and ask yourself of what really makes you happy. I would suggest to tell your husband about it so he can help you think of how to solve what you feel right now. I always tell my husband if there's something bothering me even if it sounds like not important or not applicable at the moment coz I know that he has something to tell me that would make me understand or make me feel better. But if you are not comfortable opening to your husband about it then find somebody else that you trust the most. Somebody that you know would listen and knows how to lift your spirit back again. If you think that you can't solve it yourself then ask help from others coz as what the saying goes "two heads are better than one". Knowing that somebody cares about you and tries to help you feel better no matter what's in your mind is very powerful. I wish you the best girl. You take care. :)
I guess all of us no matter what standard of life we never get contented it's part being a human.We always want more and more.When I get into that stage I just think those who are less unfortunate than me in a way I will feel that I'm still lucky and feel contented to where I am now,but one best thing you do is pray to God for guidance and ask for wisdom in everything you do there's nothing more powerful than that in times like this.And whatever your decision is,hope you can live with it and feel free to yourself at desame time.And I agree to Michelle also that you should tell your hubby.That's what I always do and my husband understand me even more than I expected.Good luck sheng! :)
Post a Comment