Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Monday, March 3, 2008

Lido Recreation Centre

Like the usual, shopping and eating out are our activities during the weekends.

I officially broke my self-imposed shopping ban! I knew at the back of my mind that I wouldn't and I couldn't last long! LOL! But I didn't spent much. I just bought a pair of shorts and some accessories last weekend. I'm still trying to control my spending . . . somehow!


We had dinner last night at Lido Recreation Centre. They said it is one of the largest and most beautiful log cabins in Europe. The place is humungous! It is a traditional Latvian recreational place. It has amusement parks for kids of all ages. Has a big scating rink too! Lido is built on wood with a huge windmill on the side. It has 3 floors with lots and lots of food! They say those are traditional Latvian dishes. They are so delish! They have a different stall for pork, beef, chicken and seafood dishes. You can also feast your eyes with the amount of desserts they have! They are all yummy!

The 1st floor is where they have the entertainment section. There's a band playing where people can dance around. The 2nd floor is mainly where the big servings of food are. The top floor is for quite a fine dining.

I fell in love with the place the first time we went there. You'll surely love it too!

I didn't take a photo last night because it was raining. But here are the photos we took last year . . .

~ This is as you come in the ground floor. Kaiden is amazed at the polar bear's nose!


~ The skating rink


~ Just along the big open area


~ Their Nativity display


~ A giant Christmas Tree that was made of real pine trees!


~ A shot beside the gigantic Christmas Tree!


~ With the windmill at the back


~ A family photo in Santa's huge chair!

Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

3 comments:

ginabeloved said...

hope i can view the pictures so i could also see the beauty of the place where you'd spent your weekend :)

twinks said...

Nice family picture. One happy family :] The place looks nice.. hope makapunta ako dyan one day :] ingat!

desperateblogger said...

wish i could go there