Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Goede Dag, Hallo Van Amsterdam!

As I am writing this post, I am sitting in the comforts of the KLM Crown Lounge in Amsterdam. We will be in AMS airport for 6 hours because the Manila flight won't leave till about 1410H WET. The Netherlands is 1 hour behind Latvia. It's so nice in here because you can really relax while waiting for your flight. This has been one of the nicest lounge I have ever been. The best lounge for me is Emirates Airlines First Class Lounge in Dubai! It's so nice and comfy and just perfect! Though their Business Class Lounge is just as good too. They have friendly (Filipino) staff that assist you. Riga's Lounge is pretty nice for me also. They just open late if you're at the airport early. We were the first ones there this morning.

KLM is ok per se, just a bit crowded. The farther lounge is quite big and it gets crowded as well. Especially the smaller one they have near the meditation area. The area of the lounge is a bit of a walk from the center of the huge Amsterdam airport. But it's near the children's play area which is just downstairs.

I love their Duty Free Shops! Though I seem to like the ones in Dubai the best! Can't seem to take my mind off Dubai! Hongkong and Singapore have nice Duty Frees too.

Well, enough of the "lounge talks" and Duty Free Shops.

We always have to think of things to do to pass up time whenever we go home to Manila from Riga because the waiting time is just way too long! The 0635H flight from Riga is the only one that will connect to the 1410H flight to Manila. Of course you get bored waiting for 6 hours! With a very lively and energetic kid in tow, you better not ran out of things to amuse him! Kaiden gets so bored easily! I used to pile up new toys everytime we fly because Kaiden just plays up out of boredom. Toys that use up most of the space in our hand carry bags! Anyways, it's good that the airport has a kiddie area, it is a big help for parents. There's a massage section just outside the play area if you want to relax a bit. The only thing I don't like with the play area is it's proximity to the bar and casino within the Holland Blvd. I don't have anything against the bar and casino, my point is people smoke there. And I tell you, even just walking pass it gives a bad smoking smell, especially on a crowded day! Don't get me wrong, I'm not against people who smoke. It's just that I hope the airport management had put the kiddie area farther away form the said place. You very well know what second-hand smoke can do.

Anyway, Kaiden and I had breakfast in McDonalds while Hubby just sits here in the lounge. I stayed with Kaiden at the play area till he got annoyed because more and more kids came to play there. Now we're just sitting around.

I got some pics but forgot to bring the cable so I can't post it today.

Off I go now! Thanks for all your wishes! It's really nice knowing people cares! I feel so lucky having known you guys! I'll be missing you! But I'll try to still blog and visit you every now and then. If I don't, rest assured that I'll be in your sites everyday when I get back!

Here's hoping you'll have a good Easter Holiday!

Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

15 comments:

Sunshinelene said...

hi sheng, happy trip. take good care u and kaiden. wish you a safe trip. update us soon as u can that u have arrived safely. :)

PINAY MOMMY said...

have a nice trip! i will be missing you!!


Pinay Mommy

wifespeak said...

May God be with you on your trip. Just got back to blogging myself. I hope you have loads of fun. See you soon.

Joy0z said...

Happy Easter Sheng..Di pala ako nakapag Bon Voyage sayo bad ko talaga. I knew you will enjoy your trip buti kapa huhuhu. Kakalungkot naman music blog mo kakamiss.

AJ said...

hapi easter !

a touch in dubai again..u really misd the place..lots of new wonders in a year or two..

oh, i misd my manila homecoming..i would have the chance to catch u there..

jst have fun outhere..its friggin' hot they say:)

bluedreamer27 said...

HELLO just want to inform you that youve hitted a spot in TOP FIVE HOTTEST BLOGS
ive got an award for you have a GREAT DAY

Anonymous said...

Happy Trip! Girl I got an awards for just visit my castle if you get some time....

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Mommy Sheng...

Thought I'd leave the link here kasi yung tag board limited time lang yung messages.

I tagged you...

Link is: http://pinaywahm.com/2008/03/life-is-full-of-gratitude.html

Take care.
Juliana

Emzkie said...

oi girl musta ka na? Belated Happy Easter at April fools. hehehe...news naman dyan!

Anonymous said...

happy trip sis. btw, do you care of exchange links?

Gene M. said...

hi mom sheng kmusta? enjoy ur vacation :-)

Amazing life
Simply Amazing
Daystar Shine On Me

Joy0z said...

I miss you Sheng.. God Bless You always and your family.

Anonymous said...

Mummy Sheng, how's your vacation sa pinas? Missing you here-:( hope you will be back to blogging soon..

take care,
dezz

twinks said...

hello sis.. musta? am back na from our vacation.. how's the bakasyonista? hope all is well. miss u na! :] ingat po and enjoy..

AJ said...

weeeeeee missssssssd uuuuuuuuuuuuu!

sana pala nagshawarma muna tau sa dubai mumi :)