This is quite a long post . . .
It was Kaiden's Parent-Teacher-Student Portfolio Conference yesterday so they don't have school. But each student have to be there for the said conference. It is mainly a one-on-one between the student, teacher and parent/s, discussing about the child's progress in school. They have this conference twice in a school year. Yesterday was the second and last one. Hubby can't attend with me because he is very busy with work. Kaiden just showed me what they have been doing in school for this quarter. They have projects for every unit and showed me each one. He's so funny, witty and really smart! I asked his teacher how he's been at school. She said Kaiden is getting better each time, but he and some of his friends gets carried away with Spiderman a lot! I personally think Kaiden is the one who started the whole Spiderman thing! I let him play in the playground after school, and some kids also stays for a while to play. I am surprise that kids from other levels calls him Spiderman! Or whenever we would see other students, they say: "Hi, Spiderman!" I just laugh it off because I think Kaiden is just at that stage of imitating people and things. I never knew that he brings that big Spiderman fascination inside the classroom. Anyways, the teacher let us bring home most of Kaiden's artworks. He wanted to go to the school's gym and on the way there, he saw a classmate of his munching on cookies. He said he wanted some too. There was a big table with food and drinks. It says it's free though putting some donations will be better. The funny and kinda embarassing thing is, I didn't bring any money with me! I just had our house keys, not even my mobile phone. So to put us away from embarrassment, I pursuaded Kaiden to got to the gym. I'm so glad he agreed!
I promised Kaiden that after his conference, we will go to the Old Town and get him some McDonalds. Kaiden wanted to walk to the bridge, so we walked. It was a nice, freezing walk. We were just halfway through when it started to rain. We hurriedly walked to the nearest hotel and catched a cab from there. Some taxis here in Riga charge quite a lot. So whenever we need taxi, we call for the red ones because they are cheaper and more reliable too. When we got inside the cab, it was the driver who always picks us up when we were still staying at Islande Hotel. I used to tease my sister with him because he is such a cute hunk! He could easily pass as a celebrity or a model! He didn't put his meter on and just charged as LVL5 or US$11 / 7.10Euros. I guess he still remembered us!
We had lunch in McDonalds, of course. Stayed there until Kaiden finished all his food. He promised to be a good boy for Mummy so he can get a toy. We then went to the bank to change my Lats to Euros for our Philippine trip next week. I tried to change Lats in Manila but the money changers there didn't even know that Latvia exists! So we always make it a point to change our money to Euros before going home. After the bank, we walked around town and head for the church. Wasn't able to go out the other day for my late brother and MIL's birthdays that's why I wanted to visit the church yesterday. I wasn't praying that long yet when the old lady told me that we have to go because she's locking up the church. Kaiden was like; "Mummy, why is she locking us out? You said the church is open!". We just walked to the Gallerija Centrs. Roam around and got Kaiden a small toy.
We went home so Kaiden can get his afternoon nap.
Hubby picked us up for dinner. We were suppose to go to the Old Town and have dinner there but the traffic going out from our place is unbelievable! It is not moving an inch! There is a convention center near where we live and everytime they have an affair, the traffic gets really really bad! We stayed for quite a long time till Hubby decided that maybe we should just go home. He went around near the river and drove along there. We're able to dodge the traffic. We'll just gonna have our dinner at Islande Hotel, the one very near our place. Their Reykjavik restaurant on the ground floor has a private Flamenco-themed party so we went up to their Arctic Lights resto on the 9th floor, which overlooks the river and the bridge. Our food were very well presented. I was so tempted to get a photo of it but it's kinda embarrassing because there were people sitting on all our sides. I'll try to order the same one and get a photo of it, the next time we dine there. It was a good dinner.
So that was our busy day yesterday.
Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Yesterday's Busy Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























2 comments:
love reading your post sheng! I'm glad you're happy now take care always...
hmmm, sana you took a picture of the Cabbie (cabdriver).. hehe!
glad to have been part of your busy day! it was a nice long read! :)
PS>enjoy ur Phils trip!
Post a Comment