
The only Filipino that I get to talk to here in Riga already packed his bags, left the country and went back home to the Philippines. His name is Wilson, a chef at a Japanese restaurant here. I was searching for Filipinos here in Latvia through friendster.com , and found him.
I asked Hubby to dine in at Gan Bei and look for him. My sister Tyn was still with us that time. He was surprised to see Filipinos! He said that there's another Filipino here who is a Pastor married to a local (Latvian). He gave us the Pastor's number but I haven't contacted him yet.
Whenever we're at Spice, we would always have lunch or dinner at Gan Bei so we can talk to him. I guess he was glad to have found someone he can talk to in his native tounge. Wilson has been everywhere as a chef. He got pirated by this Russian company who owns Gan Bei from Cyprus and moved him to Moscow. He stayed there for I think 2 years and learned the Russian language well. Then he got tranferred here. He said he thought Latvian language has similarities to Russian since Latvia has been under the Soviet Union for a peroid of time. But the Latvian language is so different and hard. Though he get on well here because people speaks Russian.
We love dining there in Gan Bei because they have good food. Wilson always cooks a special meal for Hubby which is just delish! But those days are gone. The company didn't renew Wilson's contract because of his high salary. He said he's tired of being here in Latvia anyway. He will just look for another job elsewhere. Our last dinner there was Friday of last week and he left last Monday.
I called him when he was already at the airport awaiting his flight. He invited us over to his place on the 24th of this month for his wife's birthday. Since we'll be in Manila by then, it will be a mini-reunion for us!
Wilson has somehow been a good friend to us. Never fail to call us every now and then just to know how we are. I wish him the best and hoping he can find another good job soon.
So, see yah, Chef Wilson! Cheers!
Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G
Friday, March 14, 2008
See Yah, Chef!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























2 comments:
wow chef... pangarap ko yan :) maging chef
Hiya Sheng :)
Can relate to this entry! Although there are thousands of pinoys in Sydney, at my work now, I am the only Pinay working with Aussies. Sometimes I just wanna talk in Filipino or share something about what I miss in Manila...its a challenge...But then again I knew that the day I decided to live in another country... Oh wellll...
Gosh, lapit ka na uwi Manila..countdown! :)
Post a Comment