Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"Mummy, I Want A Pet LION!"

When I went to Kaiden's room last Wednesday morning to wake him up for school, he was smiling in his sleep. I gently woke him up and he told me: "Mummy, I want a pet lion!" His eyes were closed so I thought he was still in dreamland. Then he sat up and recited the same sentence again. He doesn't want a baby lion, but a grown-up with mane and all! I couldn't help but laugh in amusement! I told him that lions cannot be pets because they are wild animals. He said the lions he saw in the zoo were good and behaved. I explained to him about some animals in captivity and training camps.

A little 411: we never had a real pet that stayed with us for long since Kaiden was born; except for a parrot that was given as a gift to Hubby, which we gave away to a friend because we went home to Australia for a month and no one will look after it; and a number of fishes which I used as a centerpiece on the tables during my surprise birthday party for Hubby back in Dubai.

In with the story . . . I diverted our conversation to other animals. I asked Kaiden if he would want any other pets like a puppy. He said no. He likes cats but is terrified with dogs, even with a small puppy! He is still sticking with a lion. I scared him that lions usually bites, he said he'll be good with the lion so it won't bite!

Even as we went down to have his breakfast, he was still talking about that. Told his Dada about what he wants. Hubby laughed too!

So there you have it, my child doesn't want any other pet . . . but a lion!



Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha.. amazing child..
just give him a lion stuff toy.. ;p

Anonymous said...

hahhah, isn't so fun to hear and watch your child dreaming? Hi Sheng visiting you from my all of my blogs
Ester's Money Journal
Ester's Health Blog
Ester's Embracing Health
Ester's Raptured Dreams
Ester's Celebrity Blog
Ester's Recollections
Concealed Mind

MeiYah said...

hehehehe cute nman....

Prily said...

hehehehehe!!!!!it is sweet and funny how you cannot divert his attention. smart Kaiden!!!!what a strong kid!he just love his lion!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lion!?? That must be the power of imagination.. Kaiden has rich imagination for sure and it would help him in his profession..maybe will be more talented than his dad.

Anonymous said...

Lion!?? That must be the power of imagination.. Kaiden has rich imagination for sure and it would help him in his profession..maybe will be more talented than his dad.

I'll be out of Italy not for good..hehe..not for vacation either. Thinking which one to go, either Munich or Amsterdam.

laura said...

hehehe katuwa naman si kaiden d ba sya natatakot.

Merecil Amigo Kidder (Em) said...

oh boy!!! for all pets he choose a lion thats really funny.. Watta brave lil guy :)