Countries all over the world celebrates Father's Day on different dates; though mostly celebrates it every 3rd Sunday of June. When to celebrate it has been my dilemma for almost 4 years now. I grew up celebrating it the conventional way, which is in June. However, Hubby being an Australian used on celebrating it every 1st Sunday of September. I think both Australia and New Zealand celebrates it on that date.
We have been (I think) celebrating it my way! Bad Wifey! Hehehe! I guess it's just because I am used with the norm; and I tend to forget it when September comes. Since my birthday is on the 1st week of September, Australia's Father's Day completely left forgotten! So selfish of me! When we go back to Australia for good (I hope not very soon!), we'll surely be celebrating it the way Australians do!
But this year, I do intend to really celebrate Father's Day Hubby's way. So we won't be observing the customary day for the dads on the 15th. Well of course I'll still be greeting my Dad and all of the dear fathers I know, next Sunday.
Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G
We have been (I think) celebrating it my way! Bad Wifey! Hehehe! I guess it's just because I am used with the norm; and I tend to forget it when September comes. Since my birthday is on the 1st week of September, Australia's Father's Day completely left forgotten! So selfish of me! When we go back to Australia for good (I hope not very soon!), we'll surely be celebrating it the way Australians do!
But this year, I do intend to really celebrate Father's Day Hubby's way. So we won't be observing the customary day for the dads on the 15th. Well of course I'll still be greeting my Dad and all of the dear fathers I know, next Sunday.
Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G























5 comments:
HAPPY FATHERS DAY
same here sis.. I do get confuse sometimes as to when to celebrate father's day coz hubby is british.. hehehe
Hi, happy father's day! btw, have you done the Big Bang tag yet? just link to my blog, it could have your technorati rank.
ok lang mummy sheng everyday naman dapat palaging fathers day lalo na sau kc ur a blessed wat i mean kc yung iba d nila sini celebrate mga occassion na ganito kc d ba yung iba biktima ng ganyan ganun lam u na yun and im sad for them but sa mga katulad u na ok lang i celebrate ng araw araw hehehe...
when are you coming back down under?! :)
-Marie
Post a Comment