Like what I had posted last Friday, our Lithuania trip was cancelled so we decided to still have an out-of-town trip last Saturday. We were suppose to go to Liepaja, where we can go boating and ride horses. But the guide said that there really wasn't much for Kaiden to do there. She said the town of Ventspils is more for kids. So it is Ventspils then, about 200km off from Riga. 
It was a long drive. All of us dozed off till we got there. We saw a nice playground, so we stopped there and let Kaiden play.




Of course we took some snaps of us too!




It was about lunch time so we went looking for a place to eat. We had lunch and walked around town. Ventspils is a quaint and sleepy town. Most people there speaks Russian. About 30% of Latvian population are Russians, from the occupation days. You can still see a lot of Russian-built buildings and residence along the area. We liked how there were parks and playgrounds in almost every corner. I guess that's why our guide mentioned that place for Kaiden. 







We didn't get to go boating, but we were able to ride a boat and do a cruise along whatever river that was. I'll blog about that on my next post. I'm afraid I might have problems again with my entries if I put too much photos.
Anyways, hope you too had a nice time over the weekend!
Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G
Monday, June 9, 2008
Our Day Trip At Ventspils
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























5 comments:
very nice photos again. well-done!what a nice place!!!
wow, nice photos! :)
nice pics ganda naman jan,
its like a ghost [beautiful] town..
ur photos powerful enough to bring your readers there..ahh, d2 na lang kayo, diyan nako, he he..
anyways, try to innovate ur photo posting, i doubt if you opt for powerpoint where you can compressed your shots together in one frame or..resize your single photo in 800 x 600 thru picture manager or lower, for easy download, and its also user friendly to those wd slow I-connections.
* as per S & City, i heared may dispute nga..knowing the hypocrites here, they're blocking words Wd s*x, or something that relates on that..
It looks like a sleepy town nga. Parang walang tao. I actually like visiting places na hindi crowded so that place would be perfect for me. And did you say the "P" word - naku don't mention it to our little one kasi she will never leave the place pag may "Playground" in every corner...
Mommy J
Post a Comment