Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Saturday, June 7, 2008

No Passport, No Can Travel

. . . that was what our tour guide told me over the phone earlier this evening.

The family are suppose to have a day trip to Lithuania tomorrow. I've booked the said trip last Tuesday and was really looking forward to it. We were having dinner when Hubby asked me to check with the guide if we will be needing passport since the place will already be just outside Latvia. So I called the guide and true enough, we do need passport (well, of course!). She said it's not that strict along the boarder of Latvia and Lithuania. They have conducted numerous trips and there never was any instances that passports were checked. Their company just wants to be sure and prepared in case somebody checks.

We've planned this trip without realizing that our (mine and Tyn's) passports were sent away to Sweden to apply for a visa. Only a few embassies/consulate offices are in here; mostly are in Sweden. If Filipinos need something from the Philippine Embassy, it will be in Sweden. Our passports won't be back in at least 2 weeks. So we're just Latvia-bound till the last week of the month, perhaps.

It was disappointing. Hubby told me to look for another kind of tour just within the country. The brochure and website of the said company didn't offer much; or should I say, we've already done most of the trips. I thought of calling the guide again and just ask her if they can conduct a tour somewhere just for us. She asked me where and I told her to tell me which other part of Latvia we haven't been to, that is worth visiting. She kept on describing places and I was pleased that she always think of something for Kaiden. (We've hired her a number of times that's why she knew us already. She really liked my little one!) She cited something about boating and horses; I responded with a yes right off. For I know Kaiden and Hubby will love that!

We will be picked up at 0900H. Got a big and long travel day ahead of us tomorrow. I hope everything goes well and wishing it will be another fun-filled day together with my family!

That also goes to you . . . that we may all enjoy the weekend!

I'm off to bed now to get up early tomorrow; because I need an ample time to get ready. Y'know what girls' like!


P.S.
I am certain that I'll be taking a lot of photos tomorrow; but this time, I will be extra careful and will really make sure to directly upload it first before doing some hoity-toity with the camera! No more take 2 of what happened last week! This giddy Mum has learned her lesson!

Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

7 comments:

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Mummy Sheng....

Have fun kahit di natuloy yung original plan. I'm sure you'll get the chance to go to Lithuania some other time.

Thanks for the visits and comments as always...

Yep, careful na si Mummy ngayon when it comes to pictures. We don't want that happening ever again.

Take care and see you when you get back from your family trip.

Mommy J

Nova said...

hello mummy sheng...

anu ba yan.. sige lang kahit di natuloy ang planned na trip nyo, i'm sure sa alternative na trip, mag enjoy din kayo..

siguro we didn't know, baka may mga bad things on the way, kaya parang may naga block di ba?

the next time i'm sure totally matuloy na family mo...

thanks for the visit and the comment: i'll be flying alone talaga, and nope, i haven't meet the family of my fiancee pa, i'm sure pagdating ko doon na rin..

nakakatakot naman ito.. pero i have to do what i have to do...

Coriander Dreams said...

Happy Trip Sheng! :)

Cant wait to see photos...

laura said...

awww sayang pero ok lang my nxt tym naman makapunta rin kayo dun,I'm sure mag i enjoy kayo boating horses wow....yep ingats sa camera gusto rin namin kc makita mga pics

AJ said...

struggles will spice your tour along, but hey, you'll surely savor it well soon..

ingats k na lang din mum, not jst in the pics taken, but in the whole cam itself..

btw, i was in deep head pain last weekend, me and twinks jst talk over the phone, ..had since i moving too from sharjah, dubai abu dhabi..

shell promise to return someday!..sana nandon ka rin, a happy EB it would have been..:)

hi kaiden!!!!

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Mummy....

Can't wait to hear/read the kwentos about your little trip. I'm sure you have bunches of pictures to share. You have pictures, right?? Joking lang...can't help it...hahaha.

Have a great week.

Mommy J

Prily said...

you had fun,Sheng. that's all that matters. Am sure you'll gonna to Lithuania next time.