Exactly one week today was Kaiden's last school day. I kinda feel sad for him, as I was reading the school papers sent every week and the school's monthly journal. It states all the events that happened for this school year, how proud the school teaching staff were, seeing the children grow and being a part of it.
Their last week was filled with activities. And their class went around the whole school, probably for the last time this school year; then had a bubble blowing session at the school's backyard. Too bad I didn't bring a camera to get some snaps. They look so cute blowing and chasing bubbles away! Most parents gave flowers to the teachers. I bought a box of chocolates and a card, where I let Kaiden write his teachers' name and his name; then I wrote a thank you message in the middle. It was an enjoyable last day. Though I don't think that the children were aware of that. I was asking Kaiden's classmates if they will miss each other, they said no because they will be seeing one another the next day!
Kaiden still get to see one if his classmate who just leaves next door. He'll go there first then they play here.
I feel sorry for him that he won't be seeing any of his classmates again when we leave. We started telling him that we might be moving to another place where he'll get to be in a new school and meet new friends, new teachers. Of course it was succeeded by his never ending why's!
Another cycle of what happened in Dubai, for him. No crying for me this time, because I never really get to have friends here; just acquaintances. Kaiden is on a stage now where he clearly remembers everything and started to treasure friendships. We left Dubai when he was barely 3 years old so his memory of his friends and classmates there aren't as lucid as what he had here in Latvia. Whenever we watch his videos and his graduation back in Dubai, he doesn't remember some of his classmates' names anymore, except for his first ever best friend.
He was actually wondering why he doesn't go to school anymore. He said he wants to see his friends and play with them. I let him ride his bike and go around his school, asking why there's nobody there.
I hope as Kaiden grows up, he'll still remember the faces and events that came accross him from the places we've lived in.
Hay . . . the life a globe-trotting young boy!
Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G
Thursday, June 19, 2008
School Days Are Over For Kaiden
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























6 comments:
the life of a globe-trotting young boy indeed.. sigh. :]
Kaiden is still young and is a bubbly young boy, making new friends will be easy for him. For sure sis, as he grows up he'll remember all his friends' names and faces, you got one smart boy kaya! *wink. Mana kay mommy.. :]
btw,
thanks for the comforting comments sis. means a lot to me.. albeit its very hard for me, i'm trying to be strong...
thanks a lot sis.. kisses to kaiden :] mwahugs!
diko magets Sheng..bakit? san kayo pupunta? tapos nba pasukan? hehehe...less updated ako ah.
ganyan talaga but dun worry im sure kaiden found new friends if lumipat na kau and at his age d na nya rin makakalimutan mga naging friends nya jan smart boy kc.
That's good news! Have some fun! It's time to go somewhere, di ba? Magsaya, kalimutan muna ang lahat....
It's Okay,madali namang makapag-adjust ang mga kids I'm sure magkakaroon siya ng mga new friends sa lilipatan niyo.Ty for dropping by always sheng...and Ty sa blogger today..kasi open siya. :)
Post a Comment