Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Friday, June 13, 2008

Our Cancelled Turkey Trip

I've got this dear friend from Dubai who went back home to Turkey to give birth to her second child. Her first-born was Kaiden's first ever best friend. We became such good friends along the way. I'll post about that next time.

We parted with bucket of tears in our eyes! It was such a very painful goodbye because it was hard leaving a good friend behind. I tell you, I've spent days and nights crying as our final days in Dubai draws near. I never really wanted to leave! I was actually thinking that I may never get over the loneliness of being apart from Dubai! Indeed I fell so hard for that enchanting place!

So anyways, we haven't seen each other for about a year now. We both were trying to have a baby girl since our first-borns are boys and of the same age. I was so happy for her when she told me she was pregnant. Then I promised that I'll be visiting her in Istanbul since we'll already be in Europe. She gave birth on the 31st of May. I called her, wishing her the best and congratulating her. Kaiden was also excited to see and be with Mert again!

We were arranging this trip, with hotels, etc. Then the passport issue again. The embassy in Sweden haven't even started with our visa application yet, despite the fact that everything were with them for more than a week now. They said they might be able to send back our passports by the end of this month! We have another trip coming but everything had to be rescheduled now!

It is a total dismay! I have been looking forward for this Turkey trip to be able to be with her again, and meet her family once more. I am also super excited for the other planned trip.

We can't do anything now till our bloody passports comes back! Urghhh!

I had a heavy heart when I emailed her to let her know that we won't be able to make the trip; for they will be going back to Dubai by next month. Hubby knows how disappointed I am. He said we'll just have to visit them over in Dubai. I was like: "Really?!!!" That's so much better! I'll be able to do a lot in one go: visit my friends (even see AJ), roam around the place and most of all, go crazy shopping! That made me feel better! Hoping and praying it will push through!

But first, I wish for our passports back . . . very, very soon!

Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

5 comments:

PinayWAHM said...

Wow...I hope the Dubai trip happens. Like you said it's a much better option. I think I read here not too long ago na you're missing that place a lot!

Have a great weekend Mummy Sheng!

Mommy J

Anonymous said...

I know how it feels to be apart from someone whom you have been closed to. Thanks for sharing Sheng

laura said...

Awww again,pero maganda yung sb ng hubby u sa dubai nalang para rin mameet u c AJ buti nga even naka cancel my kapalit paring mas maganda d ba?ur so lucky really.

thanks sa visit at happy weekend

Anonymous said...

hello mommy sheng..

goodluck on that passport issue..i hope you'll get it soon.

by the way, I just move my blog to a custom domain, so now I am blog hopping to ask fellow bloggers who have traded links with me to update it to the new url.

If you could update the url from:

http://vhielscorner.blogspot.com

to

http://vhielscorner.com

The title is the same, just the url..I do appreciate it and enjoy your weekend.

Vhiel

Michelle2 said...

wow, another trip to look forward to. my best friend is working in dubai, actually she works at emirates airlines and she wanted me to visit her there but hubby won't let me coz it's a muslim country. anyway, i just wish that your passport will soon arrive. :)