Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Friday, July 11, 2008

An Afternoon Fair

Hubby mentioned the other night that there's some kind of fair going on in one of the parks near the Old Town. He wanted me to check it out for interesting pieces we can take home. So Kaiden and I went out late in the afternoon yesterday.

We got to the park around half past 5 and wander around. They sell traditional Latvian goods; like woven pieces, potteries, wooden kitchen stuff, paintings and the like. Here are some photos.









There were programs going on, almost at every corner of the park.





Nothing attracted me so I decided to just wait for Hubby at the park near the lake. Kaiden was having his ice cream when Hubby came. We sat there for a while before we head to the Old Town. We looked around for antique and souvenir shops. We found some striking ones but they were from Germany and Lithuania. We were looking more for Latvian pieces. They say amber goods are big here. We might look for that.

We were passing TGIF when Hubby decided to just have our dinner there.




> > > Potato Skins < < <


> > > Pumpkin Soup < < <


> > > Chicken Fingers < < <


> > > Chicken Barbeque Salad < < <


> > > Jack Daniel's Chicken < < <

I had a lot to eat! So we walked some more, till we got to Gallerija Centrs. Hubby bought some shirts and got me a nice skirt! He got an activity toy for Kaiden which is Twister. Kaiden didn't like it as Hubby was paying for it. He cried from the shop till we got to the car; saying that it isn't his and won't be playing with it. We just ignored him till he stopped.

Like any other kid, he eventually liked it as I showed him how to play with it when we got home. I was the one on the mat while he spins. I like it because it's an activity that we both can do together; and another nice way to bond. Maybe get Hubby to join us too. That will surely be fun!

Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

12 comments:

Lyn said...

I love pumpkin soup

Anonymous said...

sis, nagutom ako dito :) the food looks so yummy! enjoy your weekend too!

Advertiser said...

Yummy! I love potato skins! I am hungry now....

~eunice~

Kwagoo said...

Yum.. those look very appetizing..

*drools.. hehe

Cecile said...

like jack daniel chicken, hay ginutom tuloy ako :-)

Anonymous said...

hmmm yummy... :)

Anonymous said...

hmm me too I'm hungry! sarap...happy weekend too sis, ingat..

Anonymous said...

Goog day to you Sheng, the park is so beautiful to look at. The food looks delicious too, wonder you never gain weight. Any secret?
Have a great weekend

Ester's Money Journal
Concealed Mind

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Mummy...

Looks like your Friday went well. Enjoy the weekend as well...

Mommy J

Unknown said...

Hmm, those looks yummy!

I love fairs! The show, the displays, just the atmosphere!

yvelle said...

the food looks yummy.. the artworks are nice. have a wonderful weekend dear! :)
muah!

Michelle said...

wow, the foods make me hungry now! They look delicious! But of course, you and your family looks great in the pics too. :)