We didn't do much this weekend. Just stayed home last Saturday because Hubby felt tired. We tried to do a bit of decluttering around the house. I can already foresee a mountain of things going straight to a skip. We (I think I is a more befitting word) already have amassed much stuff just in a span of a year! All because of a hoarder . . . ME! Hubby said he'll make sure we won't be sending back useless goods. We'll see about that.
We went out late in the afternoon yesterday. We had our wonted family exercise, which is walking over the bridge to the Old Town. It was good. I know Kaiden just loves it everytime he gets HIS TIME with his Dada.
I took a photo of them halfway along the bridge.
Obviously Kaiden got tired walking and asked to be picked up.
There was a celebration happening in the Old Town. Groups of people paraded along. Took some snaps.
We had coffee at Double Coffee and walked along the Old Town looking at antique shops. Hubby wanted to get something Latvian to take home with us. Sort of a memento of our stay here. We saw some interesting pieces and will probably come back for that. What we really want is something big that can be a conversational piece in the house. We got a lot in Dubai and among them was a 4 foot (I think) brass camel. We like to have something similar to that, but of course pertaining to Latvia. Hope to find a really good one.
We passed by St. Peter's Cathedral and they have huge rocks in front of it. I think they have some kind of light show at night. Kaiden had a photo in one.
Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G
Monday, July 7, 2008
A Relaxed Weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























8 comments:
well, you have a nice weekend as i can see that....
your family and ur kiddo is having fun as i can see that...
thanks for the visit.. hope you'll have a great week day...
ingatz
The place os very beautiful Sheng. One of my dreams is to see Europe.. You're very lucky to be there,, Thanks for your comment on my post.
Ester's Daily Thoughts
Ester's Money Journal
Hi Sheng! :) nice photos as usual!! i love parades downtown! Makes one feel that the city is so alive! BTW, like ur template too!!! :)
kaiden is so cute sis!
he'll grow up into a super duper gwapo hunk! i bet on it. hehehe...
glad to hear you had a nice weekend..good to see hubby and kaiden spending some quality time..
thanks for the visit sis..
btw, am still here in philippines, :]
mwahugs!
Hi,
I'm Jules and I work at bestrank.com, a company interested in blog
advertizing. I found your blog engaging and I'm contacting you to ask if
you are interested in blog post sponsorship.
If you are interested, kindly mail back for confirmation(jules@bestrank.com).Please include your blog's URL.
Looking forward to doing business with you.
Sincerely,
Jules Viernes
BestRank.com
Hello Sheng! Are those traditional costumes of the Latvians? So colourful and nice.
~eunice~
TravelerFolio.com
What a nice place and lovely people.I wish to see Europe too someday *sigh*
the place and peeps are astonishing!..Kaiden, at the end beats 'em all!
more of this :)
Post a Comment