Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Weather Curiosity

Whew! After more than 3 hours or so of blog-hopping, I'm finally done! Got sore fingers and arm now. Not that I am complaining. I love doing my daily visits, because I somehow get to be in your world even though we're countries or continents apart.

Anyways, my very inquisitive child is now into weather! He was done with the 4 types of season from school. It's funny how he classify each of our birthdays per season. He is also good at which garments to use especially during winter. And now he is at different kinds of weather.

He was brushing his teeth after we had lunch when he asked me about those. I finished him off before having a talk about weather. He asked why it rains, what is storm, why thunder always comes after lightning and why it is scary sometimes, how do rain stops, what is a wave and how do you make waves and finally, "what is that round and tall thing that moves with big wind?" Tornado! Yes, he is interested with tornado! Asking sorts of questions about it!

As I lay him to bed for his afternoon nap, I tried my best to answer all of his queries. He became focused on tornado. We have watched a documentary about chasing a tornado at National Geographic a few nights back. And I think he got that sudden interest from that show. I told him that scientists (of course he asked what a scientist is), or people doesn't really know yet the exact details about tornadoes that's why they are putting so much research/study about it. This conversation went on for minutes before I finally convinced him to sleep.

I better get all the learning paraphernalia handy; so I can have an immediate reply at Kaiden's abrupt burst of fascination about all sorts of stuff! This boredom of his has it's benefit on the side; makes his creative mind work a hundred miles an hour, with heaps of ideas surging out from every corner.

I am indeed thankful that Kaiden is showing innate ability to learn new things. I wonder where he could possibly have taken this wonderful trait from? Hhhmmmm...

Hubby called as I am typing away here. He wanted to have dinner at Double Coffee again. Kaiden and I will just meet him up there. But the cloud is getting darker right now. I hope it won't rain. I want to have another night-out, though that means another round of walking!


Gorgeously . . .
Mrs. G

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

children are like that. They like something then suddenly they dont because they want something new again. I am glad he is learning a lot of things now.
Ester's Daily Thoughts
Concealed Mind

mjsterling said...

My nephew is the same, every time he want something and my sister will give it to him he changes his mind and will want something else.I guess all kids are like that...Anyway thank you for the vote and for the visit..have a nice day! mwaaah!

Cecile said...

another night out with hubby and son out; you are a lucky girl :-), anyway, my son is the same as kaiden, he want somehting now and all of a sudden he changes his mind and wanted different thing again, i think it is just a phase and normal for a growing up little boy.take care dear and enjoy the night with your family tonight :-)